cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point to Point Integaration uisng SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a possibility of having a Point to Point Integartion using SOA manager in SAP PI7.1 or what are all can be done using T Code - SOAMANAGER ...

Please pass on the Information on the same...

thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Depending on your exact requirement, you could also bypass PI altogether & do a point to point web service integration (consumer or provider) using WS-RM messaging protocol with the help of SOAMANGER.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Trevor,

Can you please share some documents or Link by which we can achecive this ....Thanks In adavnce for your help

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The guide below is an excellent starter:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06b6392-cde7-2c10-8f8b-bdea5d781dd9?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Gone through the Guide it was helpfull , But one thing which I didnt understand is that the system which Integarated are SAP NW ...With ERP system SAP ECC 6.0 or 5.0 will this be possible to use WS_RM...

thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

They talk about SAP NW in the guide but it's actually relevant for ECC 6.0, I'm not sure about ECC 5.0, you'll need to do some digging on SDN...

It also not only relevant for SAP to SAP...It's also relevant for SAP to 3rd party but the 3rd party webservice must support WS-RM. Also bear in mind that WS-RM is for async webservice invocation.

See the section on 'Check and Verify WS-RM Configurations' & try it out on your ECC System.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your Reply , Sorry to Bother you again and again .... If this is for ECC 6.0 with out PI then how we will be able to generate the service Interface ..

I think it wouldnt be possible with out PI system atleast at a design time becuse the page 13 Shows there is a need to create Service Interface using the Enterprises Repository (ES )..

Probably one way can be by using PI which is integarated to the ECC can be used for creating the Serive Interface and then by using WS-RM at a runtime Directly interface to another system ...

Please let me know my assumption is correct or wrong ..

thanks for your valuable time

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

It depends what you are trying to achieve. If you consuming a 3rd Party webservice from ECC then you can get the endpoint WSDL from the from the 3rd Party & generate the Abap Proxy in ECC & go through the SOAMANGER steps without using PI at all.

As a provider, you could also webservice enable a function module for example from ECC without using the design time environment of PI. I think it may get tricky if you need to provide mutiple operations for some ECC functionality. I'm not that good on the Abap side but when you create a service interface with multiple operations in PI design time then the corresponding Abap (ECC) proxy that gets generated is an Abap class with multiple methods. I don't see why it won't be possible to replicate this functionality maybe using Abap OO without PI design time and then webservice enabling it.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Trevor

Thanks a lot spending your time on answering this it was very helpful , Will try to do in same way ....

thanks

Ramamurthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

point to point connectivity can be done via the direct connection option in PI 7.1

/people/william.li/blog/2008/02/13/point-to-point-connection-using-abap-in-sap-using-pi-71

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shabarish ,

Thanks for your reply, Yes I have gone through the P2P integaration using Direct point Connection ....Is there a way that can be done using SOAMANAGER .. Becuase one our client was stating Point to Point Integaration using SOAMANAGER ...

In the Demo no where the SOAMANAGER is used .. Is there a way to handle the same..

thanks

Ramamurthy

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the SOAMANAGER transaction you can consume the enterprise services that already have in your Servicer Registry.

Service Registry is the place where all services stored , using SOAMAager we can view the all services stored in Service Registry.its like a entry point.

coming to your requirement you can develop an interface using PI.

Regards,

Raj