cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Data Copy when creating customer master with reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

Is there any way to copy general data of customer when creating customer master with reference to existing customer master. Standard SAP settings allows to copy Company Code data and Sales Data but General Data is to be put in fresh.

Can you suggest some standard SAP way to copy general data as well.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with the above post.

Your customer master divided into three parts

General Data --> Client level

Compnay code --> Company code level

Sales area data --> sales area level

General data is on client level and I dont think there is requirement to have duplicate data on that level.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible to copy general data when you create a customer of other reference. Because there is no need to have two or more customer numbers with the same data.

Is there any specific reason to have two customers with the same details?

As suggested by Anirudh you can do it with MASS after creation of the customer.

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sirs for your answers.

We are a turnkey projects company wherein, the same customer keeps giving multiple contracts / projects. For each project, we need to create a new customer code to track projectwise revenue and dues. This is the reason we need to have multiple customer codes for the same customer, representing each contract of customer.

In this scenario, we have the customer address (i.e. General Data) same only code changes. Hence, there is a requirement to copy general data as well.

Pl suggest the feasible solutions.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easiest way is create the LSMW for your requirement.

So next time when you require customer, just enter your file and system will create the customers.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood your point correctly,

the same customer keeps giving multiple contracts / projects

This is just like a customer keeps ordering products, so we create sales order, and ofcourse you can trake the open and closed orders, revenues. Is it not possible to use the standard scenario in your case?

If you need to have many customers with the same details as per your business requirement you can do it with MASS. You could explain your requirement to a developer whether it is possible to do with reference customer.

Other possibilities other than MASS are LSMW and BDC.

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you try through MASS upload.

go to MASS transaction -> object type KNA1-> execute

select general data in customer master line -> execute

select screen data records to be created, maintain the reference.

thanks