Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button not triggering in adobe form : webdynpro abap

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am a beginenr in Webynpro Abap . I am trying to catch a submit buttion from a Adobe form developed in webdynproabap .

I have 2 fiels along with the submit button ( of type submit to SAP )

I have written the code in the view action onsubmit and the the java script in the form is also there .

form is of type ZCL

I am not able to trigger the event. what can be the issue . should i do anything more ..

i tried with the 2 type of submit button one is hanging other one there is no reponse .. can any one let me know what can be the reason .

Regards

Abhilash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shold use ZCI (not ZCL). You should use WD native components.

Did you maintain the WD method name to be called when you click the form button? In the WD designer, Form object properties, like second from bottom or seomthing like this.

Otto

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes I have used the same layout type .

My button is webdynpro Native .

Pleasefind the below values in my WD designer .

Please let me know anything more has to be maintained in WD designer ? I dont understand what you mean by method name specifying .

Issue with me when I click the button the screen hangs ..immediate help will be gr8

ID Adobe

additionalArchives

contextMenuBehaviour

contextMenuId

dataSource Main.Adobe

displayType

enabled yes

height

pdfSource MAIN.PDF_SOURCE

readOnly

templateSource Zweb_HSR( My form name )

tooltip

visible

width

____

onSubmit click ( Code written )

Layout Data (FlowData)

cellDesign

vGutter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought you didn´t place any method name into "onSubmit click". This is supposed to be called when clicking on submit button. What type of interface does your form use? I hope it is XML based interface.

Otto

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is . I even tried the note 956074 which asks me to run the report FP_CHK_REPORT for updating the script . Then also it doesnt work . .. how can i refresh the XML interface generated. ? How can I make sure that the event is triggered ?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the form, you can check the script which is called when the button is pressed. Next you can place an external breakpoint into your onSubmit procedure (hope it works like with the portal). Did you change the button behavior in any way? I mean the scripting? Otto

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the below code in the script. I have hardcoded the breakpoint in the event code as see below .

containerfoundation_JS.sendmessageTocontainer(event.target,"submit"," ", " ","","") .

in the event I have the code .

DATA lo_nd_hsr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lo_el_hsr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

DATA ls_hsr TYPE wd_this->Element_hsr.

DATA lv_pernr TYPE wd_this->Element_hsr-pernr.

break-point.

• navigate from <CONTEXT> to <HSR> via lead selection

lo_nd_hsr = wd_context->path_get_node( path = `ADOBE.HSR` ).

• @TODO handle non existant child

• IF lo_nd_hsr IS INITIAL.

• ENDIF.

• get element via lead selection

lo_el_hsr = lo_nd_hsr->get_element( ).

• @TODO handle not set lead selection

IF lo_el_hsr IS INITIAL.

ENDIF.

• @TODO fill attribute

• lv_pernr = 1.

• set single attribute

lo_el_hsr->set_attribute(

name = `PERNR`

value = lv_pernr ).

I activaated the trace also I am getting the error

"SAPWD_ZciWrapper_setMessageHandler (55) : Set message handler for control.."

I serached OSS . I got note 1223121 which says to run report FP_CHK_REPORT ..still it is not working .

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is very similar to the problem "Submit button on Adobe Interactive form does not send data back to ABAP " I replied a few days ago.

First of all, it would be great to tell the release information of the used SAP NetWeaver versions (ABAP and JAVA) incl. SP level, the ADS version and the ZCI version (from the form) for such kind of problems.

Otherwise, we have to guess: I assume your ABAP stack is of Enhancement Pack 1 (SAP NetWeaver 70 EhP1) but your JAVA stack is of version 700?

You state that there's an error reported in the trace file:

"SAPWD_ZciWrapper_setMessageHandler (55) : Set message handler for control.."

There's no problem if this message appears a few times only in the trace file.

But there IS a problem if this message appears in an endless loop: This means that the Web Dynpro framework can't establish a connection to the Adobe Reader (to the ZCI script of the form).

Please check the version of the ZCI script in your form. I thinks it's a very old ZCI script. You should first update your ADS and then update the ZCI script of your form.

Regards,

Ralf

PS: You can get rid of the ZCI script difficulties when upgrading the JAVA stack (ADS) to EhP1 (or higher), see documentation of interactiveForm UI element for EhP1:

"If you are using the EhP1 Adobe Document Services, you do not have to insert the script; it is inserted automatically. Adobe Document Services inserts the script into the PDF document automatically as of this Release."

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to search? This questions is answered twice every week.

Did you incude you WebDynpro script? Did you use the right LCD library component? Did you set the name of the WD method which should be executed when the button is clicked?

Otto

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it was working for me 2-3 months back . Now I am creating a new form it is not working .Unluckily for me it was in a different project .

Steps I have done

My form is of type ZCL

inserted the webdynpro script

Code is written in the event .

Enable property is true ..

binding from webdypro to form is also done

button I have used is webdynpro nativex ( is this fine ) or should I use Webdynpro native..

Regards

Abhiash