cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placement Assistance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am about to start ILT course for SAP CRM certification from Authorized Training providers here in India. I have 2 -3 questioons.

1. I was going through the course content provided in Singapore & here in India and found that In Singapore the course content includes CRM Solution overview , CRM Base Customization, CRM SALes, CRM IC & CRM UI where as in India we have CRM Base customization, CRM Middleware & CRM web UI.

I would request someone to please answer this, why this difference, both the training is on SAP CRM 7.0.

Special request to Ken to kindly answer the question. So if I do it from India, will there be any problem?

2. Those who have already done their training here in India, How is the placement assistance? How long approximately it takes to get the break?

3. Once you complete certification & upload the resume, will you get calls from companies? what is the possibility of getting the calls from job sites or is it depends on the authorized training providers?

Regards

Koushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will let Ken answer your 1st query.

2 > ATCs generally provide for placements. But they do not guarantee it. So your role in continuously asking them about openings is also important. Their network is good and it helps a lot to take their assistance. Depending on the demand (which is really good for CRM right now) it can take anywhere between 1 week to 10 weeks to be placed.

3 > Yes, I would strongly recommend you to upload Resume (CV) after clearing the certification on leading 4-5 job portals. Apart from these, you can find that there are walkin interviews in leading IT firms every month or 2. Keep a track of Times Ascent and other newspapers for that.

Don't completely rely on the ATCs is what I say.

All the best with the certification / course !!

Rgds,

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zub,

Thanks for the answer. One last thing from you, Does the ATC have centralized role in placement or branch to branch role.

I mean, if I do it say from Siemens Delhi / Mumbai --- will it be the centre that will assist or they have some centralized Dbase for the same.

Which one is better ? Siemens / Genovate?

Regards

Koushik

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Particularly when you are going for new dimension products even with SAP Education Partners, check the credentials of the tutor, the availability of the servers etc. Otherwise, you will see much more surprises. You cannot afford to see surprises by paying lakhs of rupees. This was my bitter experience. You know what I mean!!!

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your very valuable inputs. Please kindly inform how to check on the availability of the server issues & Tutor information.

We need to register before hand, so how to check Availability of the server & tutor issue as i need to believe whatever they are saying.

Please inform ways and what was your experience.

Regards

Koushik

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would definitely say Siemens is better. Especially with placements assistance. But that is my point fo view. Please take guidance from more people.

Moreover, at Siemens, they have a centralized approach. Take my example, they sent my Profile to all their centers and I landed up getting calls from various Siemens locations for the openings that they had received from consulting firms.

Take an informed decision.

All the best!

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zub,

Thanks for the comments. One part of my question is solved........ thanks again.......

guys anyone from Genovate ....... How was the placement assistance ? Siemens has no schedule for CRM in the coming 2 months........ so looks like Genovate is the only option.

Please inform....

Regards

Koushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey koushik,

i just completed my certification from Genovate, Bangalore. It was pathetic. I did not mind coughing up lakhs as I knew the worth of the certification once I cleared it.

However, the trainers called were all fake. in about 15 days of the training we had 12 trainers each coming in and taking class for an hour or so and then buckling off saying that they dont know anything. We were struggling to learn the concepts and I must say that we got certified purely on our merit and nothing to do with Genovate.

There were even days when there were no trainers in the classroom. the trainers called were not certified themselves and were contracted from small companies.

Even the placement is poor. There are co ordinators in Bangalore and Mumbai who have taken the resume but are so poor in taking it across to companies. The co ordinator especially the one from Mumbai advertises on Linked in and when the resume is sent to him, he does not reply instead sends an invitation to connect.

Keep requesting Siemens to take up the courses and stay away from Genovate. Its not worth even a penny.

I guess the centres in Singapore are good. Ideally there should not be any differences in the course materials as they all have to follow SAP curriculum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

Thanks for the very valuable comments & inputs. It will be nice to talk to you once. Please kindly provide your mobile number .

Please also let me know what will be a right time to give you a call. I really need to discuss.

Regards

Koushik

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I myself attend both trainings at Genovate as well as Siemens. Both are more or less pathetic in their own terms.

If you are going for new dimension products, then stop taking any training from India. That is what I suggested.

I am really not sure about SAP India, probably they may get trainers from abroad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

which modules are you talking about? You took training from both siemens & genovate on which module?

Why are you saying siemens was also pathetic, please elaborate little bit or if you can kindly share your number.

Regards

Koushik

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refrain from asking or giving personal contact info.

Rgds;

Zub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zub,

Sorry, was not aware on that. Actually comments I got though was really helpful, but created a panic.

Regards

Koushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is udayakumar, an engineering graduate from electrical and electronics discipline.

I have 3+yrs of work experience in Electronics Manufacturing (small scale factory), Implementation & technical support.

I had contacted Siemens and broad line technologies in Chennai for SAP training, they all suggested (PP) Production Planning module, Since the fee was high i decided to join a local training company. They asked for 25k only.

I don't have much of knowledge about SAP, expect that it is a ERP.

Need your valuable advice on scope for placement for people like me, how about companies who look for freshers in SAP.

Is it viable to get job in MNC's after completing course from this local training centers or Certification is Mandatory??

what kind of pay scale can be expected (my current package is 2.8lacs p.a)?

My local trainer is De Horizone Technologies, any idea about them? They don't assure/assist placement. Think i should try it myself only.

request your views on the above pls.

Edited by: uday10284 on May 31, 2010 6:38 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I am A BE fresher I want to od certification in SAP ABAP

Please tell me whether i should do it or not????

I mean whether it has some placements for freshers in siemens or not????

plzzz reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

" In Singapore the course content includes CRM Solution overview , CRM Base Customization, CRM SALes, CRM IC & CRM UI where as in India we have CRM Base customization, CRM Middleware & CRM web UI.

I would request someone to please answer this, why this difference, both the training is on SAP CRM 7.0.

Special request to Ken to kindly answer the question. So if I do it from India, will there be any problem? "

Ken -- Please comment on the above.