Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect role assingment restricted only to Positions?

pradeepmathewch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i have this doubt:

While using indirect role assignment, can we assign roles to Work Center, Job, Org unit, Person also?

(My understanding was that we could assign this only yo posistions...)

Can anybody who has worked on HR security answer my doubt?

Many thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,

Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep:

Indirect role assignments are not restricted to only positions. You can make role assignments to other objects such as Job or Org. Such as where you can assign roles onto the position via PO13, a role to Job assignment can be made through PO03 and a role to Org unit can be made via PO10.

That's the beauty of position-based security. By assigning roles to higher levels, this would reduce the load on Security folks doing role assignments. For example, if you know a role is to be assigned to everyone in a particular org unit, you might as well assign the role there. Therefore, everyone under that org would automatically inherit the role. Of course, this approach heavily depend on accurate HR data.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well to my knowledge,

Relationship, Infotype are created as B007 role and assigned to User only, as users are maped to Org level, workcentre etc...

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep:

Indirect role assignments are not restricted to only positions. You can make role assignments to other objects such as Job or Org. Such as where you can assign roles onto the position via PO13, a role to Job assignment can be made through PO03 and a role to Org unit can be made via PO10.

That's the beauty of position-based security. By assigning roles to higher levels, this would reduce the load on Security folks doing role assignments. For example, if you know a role is to be assigned to everyone in a particular org unit, you might as well assign the role there. Therefore, everyone under that org would automatically inherit the role. Of course, this approach heavily depend on accurate HR data.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen assigning role to either ORG Unit or Position, using t-codes PO10(org unit) and PO13(Position) and PP01(different Object) and relationship will be B007

Well you can assign role to different objects also, but it depends on the Evaluation Path ( in your structural Profile)

if your evaluation path has Job or Work center then yes, you can assign roles to Job and Work and dont forget to assign the structural profile(PD Profile) for the roles to work without any problem.