cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Receiver - set DCJMSMessageProperty value dynamically from message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a JMS Receiver where I want to set a DCJMSMessageProperty value to a value from the message contents

For example:

Scenario 1:

Message content field <EANCode>123456</EANCode>

DCJMSMessageProperty6 should be set to 123456 in this instance

Scenario 2:

Message content field <EANCode>99999</EANCode>

DCJMSMessageProperty6 should be set to 99999 in this instance

I know how to set this property to a fixed value using the module DynamicConfigurationBean but do not know how to make this value to use message content.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why use the Bean, when you can use the Dynamic Configuration code in a UDF.....search for it on SDN and you will find the way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ARE YOU WORKING ON RFH2 Header part??if you want to assign value to any propert u can specify in communication channel it self.

Module Key , Parameter Name, Parameter Value,

what is your requirement??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As stated earlier, I need to set DCJMSMessageProperty on the communication channel to a value held in the content not a fixed value.

I will use a UDF to do this now as there are only certain dynamic values you can use using the DynamicConfigurationBean such as message ID, interface name etc. I want to use something in the content so a UDF should be able to do this.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin - were you able to achieve this?  I have the same requirement and am wondering if I can somehow set a value (dynamically, not a constant) by using the Module tab parameter value, rather than a udf.  If udf is the only way, what specific coding did you use and what then did you put in that Module tab (if anything)?

Thanks,

Keith

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Using module parameter not possible to set value dynamically, you have to write Dynamic Config UDF.

Regards,

Raj