cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL - Shopping cart standard templates - user only see own templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on SRM 7.0 SAPKIBKV03, upgraded from BBPCRM40.

In POWL, we use two standard queries for Shopping Carts:

"All" (SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_01) and "Public Templates" (SAPSRM_OP_PURCHASING_01_05).

Expected situation:

in "All" query see all SC created by the logon user except for Public Templates

in "Public Templates" shopping carts of type "Standard Templates" (status I1131) created by all users.

What we had was:

"All" : SC created by logon user and ALL SC templates

"Public Templates" : SC templates created by logon user

After the application of note 0001350332 - Public Templates are shown in POWL for Shopping Carts

We have:

"All" : SC created by logon user and ONLY SC templates created by logon user

"Public Templates" : ONLY SC templates created by logon user

What's wrong? How can we reach expected situation?

Thank you

Simona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

The response is correct, the queries are based on POWL, (PERSONALIZED object worklist)

The queries are designed to be tailored to the specific user, not generic in their retrieval.

Sorry!

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting respons: I used to interperted Personal as SOA-like, you would be provided with what you need for your daily jobs.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Outside the standard fields it is possible to include additional documents providing they fill the secondary criteria of the selections available, i.e. the 'Bought on behalf of' etc.

But the standard query criteria apply to the logon user.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jason,

you clarified the way standard POWL queries are designed, but in case of sc templates it is not useful for the user to have only his own.

The customer I'm working for uses to ask responsibles of organizational units to create templates for their employees: I have to define a custom query to fullfill this requirement?

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

As Jason explained this is not possible and was not designed to be possible with the POWL functionality. You could view and choose Public Templates outside the POWL: Meaning from within a 'SC create' process, there you can choose all public templates that are available to you.

From within the POWL the 'Public Templates' query can not be changed in a way so you can see all Public Templates, it only shows your created and maintained Public Templates here. From within a shop transaction you can view all available templates.

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is now clear that I can't see Public Templates from standard POWL query.

I'll develop my own query with custom feeder to obtain the desired result.

Thank you for interesting

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I don't think you will be able to get your expected result not even with a custom feeder / POWL set-up via customizing (it will always remain 'personal'). But if you do could you please update this post for us so we know that it's possible.

Kind regards,

Tim