cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to generate characteristic combinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we would like to create characteristic combinations from one planning object structure to another using program

/SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN

The target and source object structure are different. The target has one additional characteristic which we would like to set using BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER, Method COMBI_ENRICH.

But we are far away from doing so because program /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN refuses to work with the message:

Planning object structure S_C_FCPL does not have the required structure.

Any additional information why it is not the correct format is not provided.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to copy CVCs from one planning object to another if their structure is different?

2. if so, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, this is what I meant. I tested it in my system because I got curious as how it would work...

My target POS (planning object structure) had one extra characteristic. All of the other chars were the same and they got filled in.

I was able to recreate the same error message you got by making all of the characteristics different from each other, for example, in source POS my Product charateristic was named 9AMATNR and in target characteritic it was named ZMATNR.

When the characteristics had the same name, no error message appeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, understood.

Thank you very much. Its good to know that I then somehow have to find another way to get my results!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It will give this error if absolutely NONE of the characteristics from the planning object structures are the same. There is no way to map the planning objects with each other if you don't have the same characteristics assigned in them.

One Planning object structure have more characteristics should not be the problem.

I just tested it in my system.

Luiz Giani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer! Incredible that you even tried it out on your system! So "double thank you"

In your test case, did the source structure had more characteristics than the target structure had?

If I understand your answer right there is no way for mapping characteristics in any way (e.g. via the user-exit i mentioned).

My target structure has one single characteristic that the source does not have. In all other characteristics they are the same

I am afraid that I did not fully understand your answer regarding one point (maybe because I am no native english speaker).

- If my target structure has only one additional characteristic that the source does not have it should work?

- If so I should be able to fill that by coding in the user-exit mentioned?

Hhmmm.... Thats exactly what we have in this case and we even have the latest SCM release with all updates applied.

If you could describe that you tested on your system that would be great!!

Thanks you very much for your help!!