Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying User Favourites

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched the forum and couldnt find an appropriate post

Users in the Production system are given role based authorizations and in the user menu they get to see the host of roles they have. Due to the maze of transactions they have, they created individula favourites and one particular guys favourites have become the toast of all that specific country users

Now, we have been asked to copy the particular Mr.X's favourites to everyone else in that country - is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign user menu in SU01.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign user menu in SU01.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data is in TABLE SMEN_BUFFC so you could look into a program to update that.

In a similar line to Prasant you could develop an area menu and users can run that to access the favourites structure.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I knew about this table, in fact i was wondering on how to update (in debug mode is not my prefered idea) and i couldnt really get a particular program that could update this table, maybe time to go the ABAP guys (pity i am not good with ABAP

0 Kudos

This one's definitely for the ABAPers!

0 Kudos

At your own risk:

Download --> report RSFAVODL

Upload --> report RSFAVOUL

Comment out this line after reading the message:

MESSAGE S319(01) with text-M01 text-M02.
EXIT.

The original source (commented in the code) no longer exists, so there is no support for this.

When you copy a user in SU01, the personal favourites are not copied either, as they are personal... so you will not find any released interface for this either.

The correct answer to this question is in my opinion the one Prasant K Paichha provided already: Make a role menu or area menu out of it if it is that popular.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> When you copy a user in SU01, the personal favourites are not copied either, as they are personal... so you will not find any released interface for this either.

Julius I dont understand this - when i create a user by copying from another ID, the favourites are also copied, isnt it? (I tried it and it does get copied) - maybe it is not that personal, anymore

> The correct answer to this question is in my opinion the one Prasant K Paichha provided already: Make a role menu or area menu out of it if it is that popular.

>

I agree that Prahanths proposal is technically the correct one, but the problem being if i create a area menu and to add the area menu to a set of users, i suppose we would have to create a role and this role creation is a problem for me, it is not the technical difficulty but the number of iterations, validations approvals and final nod from the CAB comitte meetings that it would have to go through is what puts me off this approach

Sorry, i got it - i understand what Prashanth suggested

Edited by: Shekar.J on Mar 4, 2010 2:33 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

Yes, you are correct. My previous test was from a CUA master. A local copy does include the favourites - but I guess the user is free to delete or change them at will afterwards, and they will so don't expect then to remain the same or change your processes centrally if you use and encourage this approach.

> Sorry, i got it - i understand what Prashanth suggested

So you are going to use an area menu or role menu? By the sounds of things it is too late for a role menu.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 4, 2010 2:51 PM

0 Kudos

Area Menu is what i think would be the best bet

0 Kudos

Yes, I would agree with you.

I am currently converting a customer's concept from original area menus with manual profiles, which became a proliferation of favourites over a decade.. into standardized role menu structures with redundancy compression activated.

You can measure the success of your overall design (also with the area menus) by the use of favourites as a "KPI" (Key Performance Indicator)

Cheers,

Julius