cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source connection got deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I am doing post refresh activity by mistake i have deleted the souce system connection in RSA1 t-code because of that PSA's and DSO's got deleted. Since it is copied from production to Quality i have copied RSDS, RSTRAN & RSDSSEG tables from production after that i ran BDLS and it got successful eventhough it is still showing logical system name Production.

Am not sure what i did correct or not since it is quality i have done above actions. Could you please suggest me what i need to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar

Never delete a source system connection from RSA1. It will delete all those update rules/transfer rule etc. In case you need to delete you can do that by a function module. RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT which will delete corresponding entry from table RSBASIDOC and then you have to delete from EDP13, EDPP1, EDP21 and RSLOGSYSDEST manually from SE16.

In your case, you can try to make a new connection or else you have to again copy your production database and then to convert you have to run BDLS.

If you had small number of DataSources in that deleted source system, you can ask your BI team to recreate those after you make a new connection to the corresponding source system. Or else go for a new DB restore.

Hope this will help you...

Regards

Anindya

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manohar, Even if you have deleted the source system connections in your BW system, you can restore it from RSA1 tcode thru the normal procedure of restoring R/3 source system connections.

Let me know if you need further inputs on restoring connection in your BW system.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amber-

If you delete the source system you can't restore it as you will loose all your trans rules and PSA's.

if deleted the only way to get back is to perform system refresh...correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

George Rayi

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George, Thats correct,

Deleting source systems in the RSA1 source system tree of the BW(quality) system will deletes all transfer rules and PSA tables of these source systems, and the data is lost. I believe once data from production is available in quality as a post-refresh activity we need to delete the copied sourcesystem-assignments.

<Directly after the copy, a connection exists between the copied OLTP-system and the original (productive) BW. The sourcesystem-connections of the copied OLTP-system have to be deleted without touching the sourcesystem-connections between the original BW and OLTP-system connection.

Check table RSBASIDOC in the fresh copied target OLTP-system to determine all existing sourcesystem-connections.> Taken from SAP note 886102.

hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the conversion of DTP's (BDLS), partner profile and logical system changes we see the source system names change in RSA1 then we Activate and Replicate that should do.

Manohar- If you want to get that source system back you need to perform the refresh again with the prod system data.

Thanks,

George Rayi

Edited by: george rayi on Mar 4, 2010 8:57 PM