cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-To-SOAP Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do one of the End-To-End scenarios which are described in the following document published by Mukeshlal Parida https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5474f19e-0701-0010-4eaa-97c...

Since I don't know how to use the SAP html client I decided to use a file adapter instead of a http adapter (HTML To Web Service Scenario). I used a similar file adapter with the same settings in another scenario and it worked. But with my new scenario the file adapter doesn't collect the specified file. The only difference between the two scenarios is that I am using business services now instead of business systems. What am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate any help!!!

Kind regards,

Marc

setup a simple scenario using a file adapter which collects

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

<i>Since I don't know how to use the SAP html client I decided to use a file adapter instead of a http adapter</i>

The link conatins the HTTP Client test toold, you can use this instaed of a file.

/message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]

<i>But with my new scenario the file adapter doesn't collect the specified file.</i>

Just check thwe log in the file adapter for any error messages , and let us know the status.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the adapter monitor for errors:

'http://<host>:<J2EE-Port>/mdt/amtServlet'

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

hi Stefan,

thank you for your fast help. I decided first to try to run the scenario with the file adapter since it seems to be easier. I checked the adapter monitor and there is a grey "LED" for the file adapter. What does it mean? How can I change it to green is it not necessary to do this?

Regards,

Marc

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

ASFAIK, a Grey indiacator implies that your communication channel is not Active. When the channel is Grey, it will not poll over your File Directory and hence, the file will not be picked up.

Just check if you have changed the status of the communication channel in the ID from Active to Inactive . If yes, change it to active and reactivate the the communcation channel.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

-Try to activate the File Adapter once again and check the status in the Adapter Monitoring

- Refresh the Adapter Metadata Cache in SXI_CACHE Transaction

- Check other adapters are ok, is it showing Green/Red color..

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although the file adapter LED is still grey I could pick up a file with my old communication channel which uses exactly the same settings excepting it's allocated to a Business System instead of a Business Service. Why does this communication channel work although the status of the file adapter is still grey?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

<i>Why does this communication channel work although the status of the file adapter is still grey?</i>

>>I think this File adapter is attached to some other Sender Agreement.

So go to Directory->Objects(Tab) and check the File Adapter is active, change it and activate it.. If not try add this file Adapter into your Current configuration Scenario and change the sender agreement and check it..

Probably this is because of Cache Refresh problem..

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Moorthy for the hint with the sender agreement. The file adapter is now working correctly. Unfortunately I don't get a response of the web service. In order to better understand my scenario I list here the ojects I use. I created all the objects how it was suggested in the above mentioned manual. Since I use a file adapter instead of the HTML Adapter I created two communication channels with File Adapters, one for each direction. After that I added a sender agreement and a receiver agreement for the new "File Service" and selected the previously created communication channels. Is there something else missing? How can I check if my soap adapter settings are working?

Regards,

Marc

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Marc,

TO check SOAP Adapter-

1) go to RWB->Adapter Monitoring->SOAP

If you get any error, then check RWB->Message Monitoring->Audit Log...

2) Also check in SXMB_MONI.. and check for the message..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I can't find a Link for Adapter Monitoring in the Runtine Workbench. In the message monitoring I can only see that the message from File_Service to SMS_Service is still waiting. When I click on details nothing else is displayed. I also checked SXMB_MONI. But I don't know how to get details about the error in this transaction.

Thank you for your help so far!

Regards,

Marc

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RWB->Component Monitoring->Click on display ->Click on Adapter Engine->CLick on Adapter Monitoring

after this you can see adapter monitor screen. Select the specifc Adapter..

For Message Monitoring check this-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/01/02/simple-adapter-and-message-monitoring

Are you getting any Flag other Than Black flag in the SXMB_MONI ? If it is a Red Flag then there is some error.

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

thanks to your help I could find out that I used a wrong address for SOAP action within my communication channel which uses SOAP adapter. After changing the address I could see in the adapter monitoring that the request is processed properly and that a response and an acknowledgement is sent back. Unfortunately my second file adapter which I use to store the response in the filesystem doesn't get the response. I checked if this file adapter is working correctly and I couldn't find any problems with it. In the message monitoring tab I get only all the request messages listed and no response message! How can I check now where the problem is?