cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment as production resources and tools in a quality inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a questions regarding the usage of an Equipment as an PRT (production resource tools) in a quality inspection lot.

Following situation:

We use the test equipment management within the QM Module in SAP. So, we setup all our inspection equipment as Equipments (IE03) in SAP.

For the production planning and inspection planning we would like to add these Equipments as PRT to the routings, especially to an inspection characteristic within a routing.

This is all standard SAP.

Following problem:

At that time, when the routing and inspection characteristics are created, it is not clear which specific equipment will be used when the production & inspection is done. But it is clear which kind of equipment has to be used.

Question:

Is it possible to define PRT in the routing and inspection characteristics which kind of equipment has to be used (example through Equipment hierarchy)?

And during production and confirmation the users selects the Equipment which have realy been used during inspection?

Exists a standard SAP solution?

Does anybody have a suitable solution?

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Have you found any solution to your issue? I'm investigating the same thing myself but have come up blank so far.

Thanks,

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you have option of selecting the PRT tool at the time of confirmation.

bcos, while confirmation the usage values are posted automatically at background while saving.

If this is a customer requirement, you can try using some user exit before the confirmation commit work, else you can develop a program to do these checks and change PRT and the do confirm......

hope this helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes....You can define PRT in routing using tcode CA01. Once you entered the first level data....then it will go to second screen ...in which you can see the operation overview button and click on that...it will lead to operation overview button...where you can enter your operation...and each operation can assigned to different PRT and Inspection characteristics.

If you equipment is extend to PRT as well....during production and confirmation user can select equipment description.

Appreciate if it helpful to you

Regards

Vetri