Geeting error while doing Mass UD using t code QA41

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

While doing mass UD using t code QA41 I am getting below error messages:

1. You can not make the UD because of 0001 non-valuated physical samples,

2. You can not make the UD because of 0002 non-valuated physical samples,

My objection is to do mass UD for all INPROCESS inspection lots where results are recorded but no UD given.

Request a solution where I am doing wrong and a solution to it.

Thanks in advance.

Pradipta Sahoo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

For the error messages......This may be due to During your results recording at QE51N.....you might have forgot to valuated your results after enter your results.

For you second query:

On executing tcode QA41..... in your immediate screen you will find the variant name..."INSPTYPE_03"....This variant contains your UD code and othervalues..

To know the UD code in the variant....Select the variant and click on change variant button.

You can create your own Variant also by click on create variant button.

Appreciate if it is helpful to you.

Regards

Vetri

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vetri

Thanks for your reply.

I did not get your reply on valuation of result in QE51N. Please elaborate.

There was no variant called INSPTYPE_03 and so i created a new one.

I have put following inputs in the selection screen as mentioned below:

1.Plant : PL00

2.Radio button selected : Orders only technically completed

3.UD selected set : SSQM

4.UD plant : PL00

5.UD code group : QM-UD

6.UD code : 001

Still I am getting message "You cannot make the UD because of 0001 non-valuated Physical samples" but for few lots only find in the output.

Please suggest where I have done wrong.

Regards

Pradipta Sahoo

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It appears you are using either inspection points or physical samples for your testing. Somewhere along the line in some of the inspection lots, someone has created an inspection point or physical sample. But they have not valuated that point or sample. All created inspection points or physical samples should be valuated before making the UD. Please go the UD and look at the tab lisitng the inspection points or physical samples. You'll find one or more with out a valuation.

Craig

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

The scenario is like that, I am having huge list of INPROCESS inspection lots where results are recorded and UD not given.

Now as per your suggestion I check one lot and here are my findings:

- There are 3 no. of samples system generates for same lot number in same phase in process order

- Lot number is same for all 3 samples but sample numbers are different

- All 3 samples are released but result recorded in 2 samples

Now is it necessary to make the 3rd sample valuated, because in actual 3rd sample not at all analysed and result is okay after 2nd sample.

Please suggest next what can I do further.

Regards

Pradipta Sahoo

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

The third sample needs to be processed to make SAP happy. You, (or someone), set up the procedures in such a way that three physical samples got created and now SAP wants you to explain what happenned to all three.

Until you do, no mass transactions will function with these lots.

if you don't think they'll be using the thrid sample on a regular basis, you probably should set up the sampling process to only create two physical samples. If they decide they need a third one, they can manually create another physical sample.

Craig

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Last query: I will not able to do MASS UD if all samples are not valuated means I have to record results in all 3 physical samples.

1. In QA11 I am able to UD for each inspection lot (where result is recorded in 2 physical sample & 3rd one is not valuated). Why it is so? Why I am not getting the same error that 3rd sample is not valuated.

2. In QA41 mass UD is not possible if 3rd sample is not valuated. Why I am not getting all inspection lots and getting few in the output screen? Is there any other way where I can valuate all open inspection lots in mass operation?

3. In QA16, also I am not getting all inspection lots in the output screen. Why?

Requesting yo clarify my queries to make me undrstand the process better. So that I can convince my higher management to reduce physical sample generation in auto.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pradipta Sahoo

+91 9909994216

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QA11 it probably asks you if you want to "force close" open characteristics. When you answer yes, you can then go ahead and process the UD.

For the auto UD, the lot must meet the following criteria.

1) all characteristics for all samples/inspection points must have a status of 5

2) all characteristics with individual resutls recording must have Fixed scope.

3) all inspection points must be valuated.

Other than these requirements, I can't think of any others.

The biggest one that trips people up usually is the fixed scope thing.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF

Thanks for the answer. Now it seems MASS UD can not be used here.

I tried using LSMW for UD using recording thru t code QA11 but problem is:

• when I drop down to select UD code, first it asks "Do you want to force inspection completion?", which LSMW records correctly, then

• whn next pop up screen for selecting USAGE DECISION code appears, the hierarchy tree is not getting opened and it thows error message "selected function is not supported for this field" mesage no QS293.

Can you help me on this to create a LSMW to give usage decision thru LSMW?

Thanks a lot

Pradipta Sahoo

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your doing LSMW's I would do it in two passes.

Just do the force closure in the first LSMW. (Sounds like you have that part working).

Then in the second LSMW just enter the UD code. You don't need to use the tree to select it. Just enter in the code you want to select directly into the UD fields.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF

Thanks for your help.

As suggested by you I created 2 LSMW. The 1st LSMW is working fine where I set status of all inspection lots to ICCO. But in 2nd LSMW even after putting UD code 001 & UD Code group QM-UD manually it still going to the second screen where hirarchy it not getting open as recorded.

Please suggest for the next to find a solution.

Thanks again

Pradipta

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you recorded the LSMW for the second pass from scratch. If you did, then I'm guessing that the code your trying to use is not available. Is that code accessible manually in the tree of UD codes that shows up in that second screen? If its not, then you can't use the one your using.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes I created LSMW 1 setting inspection lot status RREC to ICCO. Then in LSMW 2 when I put UD code 001 & UD code group QM-UD another pop-up screen opens automatically to select UD code. But LSMW 2 does collapse all hidden UD code which can be manuaaly selected.

My problem here is how to collapse all hidden UD codes that this LSMW2 failing to do.

Can you test this at your end in QA11 and tell me the solution?

Kind regards

Pradipta

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two fields that need to be filled with data for the UD code. You have to put a value into both of these before you allow a <RETURN> or <ENTER> keystroke to be sent back to the system during the LSMW.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF

I am entering first UD code 001 and UD code group QM-UD and then press <ENTER> and find the pop up screen "Usage Decison for Inspection Lot" appears and there I am getting struck.

LSMW does not expand the hierarchial tree to select the UD code.

Please suggest now further to get a solution.

Thanks

Pradipta

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what to tell you. If I enter a valid UD code in the two fields at the bottom of the UD screen, I don't get any pop up with a directory tree. So i'm not sure what is causing that in your system. It usually happens when the code used is not valid or not available in the plant.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF

I am finding 3 selected set in the pop up screen:

SSQM : Usage ecision for Goods

SSQM : Selected Set for Inhouse Goods

SSQM : Selected Set for Inhouse Goods

And in all 3 selected set, same set of codes are there as:

001 : Accepted in full

002 : Accepted in full under Deviation

003 : Accepted partially

004 : Rejected in full

I believe in your system there must be 1 selected set so if you select 001 as UD code system picks and you do not find any pop up screen.

I now need your help to know why I get 3 selected set. Is there any mistakes in configuration mapping. Please help me to correct it.

Thanks again for your help.

Pradipta

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said in the earlier posting you are entering QM-UD and 001 as your codes.

In the last posting you say the system is displaying SSQM. QM-UD doesn't seem to be a valid value to use. So why are you using it?

Use SSQM.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ran across this OSS note that is related to your issue.

You might want to check this out.

Note 757248 - Automatic UD for non-valuated inspection points not possible.

FF

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF

It does not solved my purpose and so I told user to give UD one by one inspection lot.

Thanks for all your help and very sorry for the dea\lay in response.

I am closing my request here.

Pradipta Sahoo