Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Subcon Vendor for multiple Plants - CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are planning some materials with Subcontracting scenario using CTM

Facing issue when same vendor is executing sub-con process of same material for multiple plants

Total demand of lower level material is flowing to a single plant instead of flowing to the corresponding multiple plants

Because of which excess planning is happening in one unit & no planning is occuring at other units which is leading to a mess

In library, it is provided to proceed with 1050 Location type but not clear on how to proceed further

Kindly guide on this

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now Planning has to happen at dummy location of type 1050 and not at 1011 to transfer demand to correct plant.

Please check following-:

1. If you are using PPm create product in new location of type 1050.

2. Also check whether Tlane is created for components from plant to this new location.

3. Suggest to retransfer all master data including your subcontracting inforecord post creation of location of type 1050.

If you are using PDS product should get created in new location automaticaly.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Issue is closed.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for your help.

My question is planning happens at 1050 location type Vendor, then PR also will generate from the plant to 1050 Vendor type only.

But our requirement is PR has to generate against the Subcon Vendor with the location type 1011.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR will genrate at respective plant only.

I have used this with heuristics but not with CTM.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

If Planning happening at Location type 1050 vendor then where will PR for the Subcon material generate.

Please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

We are CIFing Vendor from R/3 to APO and system always select the location type as 1011 only.

I have created dummy vendor with the location type 1050 and assigned the plant and Subcon Vendor. Taken the run now.

Still demand for the lower level material is going to only one plant.

Please suggest what need to be done.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of single subcon vendor for multiple plants you need to represent vendor location by type 1050 instead of 1011.

You need create location of type 1050 for each plant and vendor combination. When you create location of type 1050 you need to assign plant and vendor to this location. Rest of the process remains same.

Regards,

Santosh