cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk and External BP Numbering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was interested in finding out if anyone using the Service Desk had configured external numbering for BP (like BP = Userid). Also, did you have any issues when enhancing the standard program (AI_SDK_USER_BP_GEN) to mass create/update BPs from the managed systems?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shamim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shamim,

I am using this external BP number concept for my customer. But have not created using the mass BP generation functionality. If you can describe your issue, I can try to help you.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev, Thanks for your response.

We are implementing the Service Desk and had made a decision earlier on in the project to go with internal numbering for BP. This was to avoid any complications using the standard program mentioned earlier to synch up the users/BPs from the managed systems on a daily or weekly basis. There was a discussion in my team recently to look in to the possibility of having the userid as the BP number and this is why I had posted the question.

The program AI_SDK_USER_BP_GEN can be used to search managed systems for user changes as of a particular date and this list of users will be created in SolMan if not already present. The program also gives us the option to create/update BPs for these users and the external identification and userid are updated in the corresponding BP records.

Did you use a custom program to create/update users/BPs from managed systems in Solman and do you run this at regular intervals?

Thanks,

Shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main problem here is that the user ID can have up to 12 characters, while the business partner ID can only have 10 characters.

You would have to make your own transformation from 12 character user ID to 10 character business partner ID!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a good point Christoph and I will share this with the team - it will help support the previous decision to stick with the standard config of internal numbering for BP. Our current userid is only 5 characters long so if we decide to go for external numbering this may not be an issue at least for the near future but it is something we will have to keep in mind. Thanks for the info.

Answers (0)