cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is to send a file to target (FILE-TO-FILE) and its size is 100 mb if the file memory exceeds 100mb then i have to receive a notification.

so, to achive this requirement what are the needs and where i have to do i.e i require the procedure in IR, ID and where i have to define the file size in ID part.

To get the notifications whta is the procedure to follow in ALRTCETDEF.

Thanks

MunnaV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you have to do in case the file size is greater than 100MB? reject/ stop the processing? If yes then you can try the option of Maximum File Size available in the Advanced Mode of Sender File Channel.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply Abhisekh

i want to archive the message which is greater than 100mb. and i need to get an notification also.at the same time the next message should go on processing

could u please explain me how to do this and where can i mention the file size in ID and what is the procedure to define the alert in ALRTCATDEF.

Thanks

MunnaV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Munnav,

This is the same requirement which I am also searching. Till now I am able to validate the file size at adpater level and generating an alert also, but unable to archieve it.Trying for archieve through a unix script.

1.> File size validation:

Sender CC>Advanced mode>Maximum File Size

Please set the property here.

2.> Alert generation:

Go to ALRTCATDEF>Create Alert category>Mention your email id

Please use the below link for creating Alert Category /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Go to RWB>Alert Configuration>

Create a rule and select Adapter engine. This rule will generate an alert whenever Sender Channel validates the file size, if size is greater then you will receive a mail for that.

3.> Archieving the File:

Till now I didnot get any proper idea through XI.I thought to do it through Adapter Module, but in such case file will be picked. I am not having much idea about it so I left that solution.

Now using an unix script and placing in XI server and schedule it at some particular interval so that it will move the file to another folder if it is greater than the reuired size.

Then other files can be processed.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Nutan