cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when add messge type and profile parter to IDOC regarding xml to IDOC .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

There is a business requirement to pass xml to IDOC using xi, can you tell me when the message type and profile partner information is added to IDOC? this work is done by Xi or sap?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI system, you will fill the IDOc message only & will send that IDoc message to SAP System.

The attachment of Message Type with Process code & Partner Profile will be at SAP-ECC System only as we will post that Idoc at ECC System.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jingying ,

There is a business requirement to pass xml to IDOC using xi, can you tell me when the message type and profile partner information is added to IDOC?

--> at one end XML is available at the other end we need to import the Idoc in XI . Inside XI mapping will take place which will take care of your XML to IDoc passing . Partner Profile Information is maintained at ECC end only. But we need to pass the Logical system details at XI end i.e SLD/Adapter specif indentifers

this work is done by Xi or sap?

-->SAP only !!

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it has to be done by SAP Side...but no from XI Side...

Message has to be added at inbound parameters of the partner profile...which you are going to send in XI side...in idoc control record...

HTH

Rajesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jingying,

>can you tell me when the message type and profile partner information is added to IDOC? this work is done by Xi or sap?

In SAP system you need maintained the message type, Since IDOC posting need to declare Port in XI system, RFC destination.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to import the IDoc type into PI and then perform your mapping in PI. Since the data is already in XML format, there will be no other content conversion. The IDoc control record is populated by the IDoc adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Edited by: Naresh Bharadwaj on Mar 4, 2010 2:10 AM