cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum SOAP attachment Size?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

I have synchronous scenario that is SOAP - PI - PROXY where the proxy responds with an attachment containing the actual data. The response message contains 5 fields and PI just passes through the attachment back to original SOAP call. There is no mapping in this scenario.

While this scenario is working perfectly, we would like to determine the maximum size attachment that can come through the PI server without adversely impacting the server performance. I can not seem to find any documentation that discusses the maximum attachment size for server performance.

Do any of you have any you have anything booked marked or know from experience what the maximum attachment size should be? Is it simply a matter of a timeout on the HTTPs connection?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it simply a matter of a timeout on the HTTPs connection?

yes

>>>>Do any of you have any you have anything booked marked or know from experience what the maximum attachment size should be?

depends on the connection type - server processing etc. so there is nothing like one max size for all

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the great answers so far.

I am able to run larger files through by adjusting the timeout feature in WSnavigator. We had some discussion here about this and we think that the amount of RAM on the machine will also be a factor. The blog seems to confirm that.

The servers we have are pretty hefty, but in order to not impact the other interfaces we have running through PI we want to keep the attachments to a reasonable size so that the consumer application is not opening more HTTP connections to our box than needed.

I guess we will only be able to answer this by testing.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

Adding to expert Michal,

>what the maximum attachment size should be?

I have tried 2 MB , Flow : Webservice-->SAP PI 7.11 -

>SAP ECC

Cheers

Agasthuri