cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail with Log of transaction used by FFID is not sent to Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mail that inform that a user has logged in to a Firefighter ID is sent, but when this user logoff of this account, the e-mail with the detail log is not sent to the controller. Could it be possible?

My Firefighter is configured like this:

ZVIRCONFIGPAR ZVIRCONFIGPARVAL

CHGLOG YES

CTRAN YES

EXPDAYS 1

FFAUTH YES

FFCNTL YES

FFLOGCRT YES

FFLOGIM YES

FFNOTIM YES

FFROLE NO

MAIL YES

RFC SPM_RFC

If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iyanani,

Please review following SAP notes to resolve your e-mail issue.

1065048 Superuser Log Not sent in Email to Controller

1039144 Superuser job is not completing

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied both notes, but the issue is not solved yet. any ideas????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iyanani,

Make sure that the time zone of the user executing the /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK background job is the same as the user time zone in the system even though the system time zone may be different.

Do not run /virsa/zvfatbak under a dialog user; schedule it to run under a batch ID. The batch ID should have SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW with S_RFC unrestricted.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you also verify following parameters so that Email is send to the Controllers:

1.Configuration parameter 'Send Firefighter Login Notification' should be set to YES.

2.Controllers 'Usage Flag' should be set to Email.

3.Email address should be defined in the User Master for the Controller

4.SAPConnect needs to be set up through Basis (SCOT).

5.Program RSCONN01 should be scheduled periodically to send emails from SAP to external Email addresses.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied the answers you gave me and nothing ;(.

Does everybody know which program ABAP send the e-mail with the detailed activities FFID has done? I am going to try running it manual.

On the other hand, can anyone help me to know if the FF Jobs i programmed are well programmed?

First i run the VFATBAK

then the VFAT_REPORT after VFATBAK has done, is there anything else? how did you configure the jobs?

I am really lost.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I've done successfully, but still have a problem. The e-mail was not sent because the source code of the report /VIRSA/VFAT_LOG_REPORT is not right(i don't want to say it's wrong only for respect and because i don't know if someone change the code in this company without warning me).

there is a first check i paste for you, and it says:

clear /virsa/zffconfig.

select single * from /virsa/zffconfig where zvirconfigpar =

'FFLOGNOTI'.

translate /virsa/zffconfig-zvirconfigparval to upper case."#EC TRANSLANG

if /virsa/zffconfig-zvirconfigparval = 'YES'.

else.

exit.

endif.

If we go to SE16 and look for this table, this one exists, but there is no parameter called FFLOGNOTI(at least in my system). So, to make it work, the only thing i have to do was to debug the program and switch the value of the variable virsa/zffconfig-zvirconfigparval to YES. In this way, the report runs like it should.

But i still have a problem because, i don't want to change the source code of SAP.

If anyone can validate this, please let me know!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Isaac Yanani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iyanani,

You don't need to change the code.

Parameter "FFLOGNOTI" is an available configuration parameter under "Configuration" tab in firefighter cockpit.

Under "Configuration" tab click on "New Entries" and select the parameter "Send Log Report Execution Notification" from dropdown and provide the value "YES" and click "Save".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Edited by: Sirish Gullapalli on Mar 4, 2010 11:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had not seen de configuration well. Then, researching over the internet i realized that the paramenter has to be inserted.

My Bad, sorry SAP!!!

Thanks to all!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a similar problem in my client's system.

The SPM Configuration parameters relating to Notification sending are all set to YES.

The Background job runs and completes successfully with the single recommended step for program /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK.

The log is generated and reportable from the ABAP and Java side!

The Controllers are identified and have the "email" delivery setting maintained.

The Controller's email address is defined correctly within SU01 and the communication method type is set to "email" as per the configured node in SCOT.

The RSCONN01 job is running every few seconds.

Again, the login notification is generated but not the Log Report email.

Any further suggestions on where to look?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Have you scheduled the Job with the program "/VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_NOTIFICATION".

You need to schedule a job with this program in order to receive the log notification. And see how frequently you are running this job.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna