cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Universe From Excel Sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to create an universe from an excel sheet. I do this steps correctly:

1. Open the Excel spreadsheet

2. Select all the data values, make sure the remaining blank cells don't get selected

3. Click on Insert>>Name>>Define a name to the table

4. Save the Excel

5. Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Administrative tools>Data Sources(ODBC)

6. Select System DSN>>Add>>Microsoft excel Driver(*.xls)

7. Give a new data source name and click on 'Select workbook' and point the saved excel sheet and click on OK

8. Create a new connection in Universe designer by using the Generic ODBC connection

9. Create a new universe and insert the table which we have defined in the Excel sheet

.. but after export the universe, i create an information space in the business object explorer and try to index. but the following failure message occurred:

Server, boe_agent.PolestarIndexing, generated the following messages:

Index Creation Failed (The execution of the specified analysis query failed.-A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : /usr/sap/BOE/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86/dataAccess/RDBMS/connectionServer/libdbd_wddodbc.so (libodbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)" . (WIS 10901))

can anybody solve the problem? thanks

regards,

thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excel connectivity in Unix OS is not supported, please see the PAM / Supported Platforms Documents for more information

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this link does not solve my problem.

0 Kudos

Possibly the account running the WebIntellligence Processing Server doesn't have access to the folder where the Excel file is located (local system account usually run this service) .

You can check this by copying the file to a local drive in the BO server and pointing the odbc to it. It worked for me.

Best Regards

Erick

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Following link to get issue resolved.

[;

Bashir Awan