cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML IDoc file to IDOC .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am receiving XML idoc (Orders05) file from 3rd party to PI system , PI needs to create sales order IDoc ( Orders05) in ECC system.

1) Do I need to create source structure for XML IDoc file ? If yes should I create the structure as Orders05 ?

2) How to map line items of xml file to Orders05 IDoc line items ?

Please help.

Thanks - Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sender side, you have IDoc XML --> Import matadata for that Idoc & pass that XML in that Imported Structure.

If there is no error, use the same.

IF there is any error, so ask for XSD structure of that Sender Idoc & use that XSD for sender interface, as there can be mis-match with System versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response !

But I am trying to recieve this IDOC xml file using SFTP . In this case also not neccessary to create source structure ?

Regards - Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question about the source structure does not depend on how you receive the Idoc (e.g. FTP, HTTP or whatever).

If the sender uses already idoc xml format, you do not have to map it. But I recommend you at least import the idoc structure from the SAP system to PI, so that you can use it in your pipeline objects.

CSY

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No need to create any structure. Export Idoc and import it as XSD and you can use it further.

2. This should be 1:1 mapping unless some other business rules are to be included. What is the problem there?

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am receiving XML idoc (Orders05) file from 3rd party to PI system
1) Do I need to create source structure for XML IDoc file ? If yes should I create the structure as Orders05 ?

Instead of creating the structure in XI/ PI use (import) the same structure which the sender will be sending.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Please see Mikes reply in this thread. You may follow the same procedure:

Regards,

---Satish