cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDSD: No tour for device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are facing some trouble when synchronizing, in this case, downloading the tour information to the device.

I believe we have everything configured correctly. We also have installed DSD Administration Console. Our test is that we have created a business scenario, with sales order, delivery, shipment, and finally we have checked out.

With the check out executed, we saw that an IDOC was generated for the message type: /DSD/HH_CONTROL

After that, at the DSD Administration Console, Sync. Status Overview, we can see the following information:

Device Tour No. Driver Vehicle ID Status

GLI V0000000056 CPB1000500 TRUCK02 P - Info: Device notified of tour readiness

Download Status we have:

Tour data ready: S - Info: Successfully processed for download

Pricing data readiness: S - Info: Successfully processed for download

The device is correctly registered. We can see the device at the device maintenance, and we have configured /DSD/ME_CPT for the user GLI and selected the corresponding device plus assigned the driver and vehicle to it. When we synchronize we are getting on the device that, no tour was found for the device. But we can see that the tour is available for the device, but somehow the device can't get it.

I have several questions about this:

1. When I look at the transaction /DSD/ME_CPT and try to select the device I'm having some trouble to determine exactly the device I want to associate. For example:

When I hit the matchcode I get Mobile ID's, User, MSD_NAME, but at the Device Maintenance From the MI, there is no Mobile ID, instead there are Device Name, Device ID and USER. But USER wouldn't be enough if I have several devices associated to a user. Under this scenario the way I'm identifying the device is just selecting random mobile ID associated with user and MDS_Name and after this, compare device ID to assure that I'm selecting the correct one.

Is there an easier way, or am I missing something about device assignments?

2. What does the synchronization checks to determine what should be sent to what device? The device ID? I ask this because there also a field called Channel ID.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me to guide me through the synchronization problem.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

Edited by: Gilberto Li on Mar 3, 2010 9:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When I look at the transaction /DSD/ME_CPT and try to select the device I'm having some trouble to determine exactly the device I want to associate. For example:

Firstly copy your device id from your AWT client and go to transaction Merep_pd

Select TAb Mobile ID

Press F4 at Mobile ID

paste ur device id at Device GUID and press enter and select mobile id with MDS component and r/3 user assigned to it.

this is the correct mobile id u need to assign at connector cockpit.

Download MDSD monitoring guide from SMP....it will help u a lot

Regards,

Akhil

Answers (0)