cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field validation based on Reject button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement to set New comment filed as mandatory while HRADMIN Reject the request.

Can you please help me how i can achieve this .

Thanks

Rashi

Your help will highly appreciated .

Regards

Rashi

Edited by: Rashi on Mar 14, 2010 11:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashi,

If you have Approve and Reject buttons in the form itself you can write script to validate Mandatory fields.

If you have Reject button in webdynpro, On reject action read the comments attribute from the context and check if its null or not.

Then display a error message in webdynpro.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

you will have some problems getting some more answers here, because you keep asking and have never helped a living soul. Get some points to let us know you´re not that kind of guy, or we will not help you any more. This is the last warning.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks , i will take care of that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't do this. Because you canu2019t predict user going to click the Reject button both are having different controls. The similar requirement came to our development.

We have managed by a popup confirmation from the user to ensure that he filled the current comment field by enhancing reject button action in webdynpro application.

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi Devarasetty's answer is correct.

All you have to do is validate the content of that New Comment field in web dynpro after the REJECT button is clicked. As he stated, if it's not populated, stop processing and send a message back to a message area for the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the responce .

I am using standard WD application for ISR process & form . I dont have reject button in my custom adobe form .

It handling by standard ABAP WD application .

Can you tell me now how i need to achive this , as while HRADMIN reject the request then the Comments field should be mentatory.

Can you guys provide me sample code for this .