cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read fields from response message in send step in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have one BPM scenario where I am using synchronous send step to insert data into database and to get response back from database as success or failure .My scenario involves inserting data into multiple tables and in multiple rows . If all the inserts are successful then I want to write success message else I want the messaage as error . So can we read all the SQL response and store it in container varibale and the have soem decision logic ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As per the post, you are going to call your JDBC once rigt ? After insertion you will get one Response right?

SO you can map the Response to one Structure and in the BPM you can check for the Success messages. Based on that you can go further..

REgards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for everyinsertion, you will get a response

<INSERT_COUNT> </INSERT_COUNT>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

if the value ==1 , then insertions is sucessful, if value ==0, then insertion not succsful.

So, in your mapping, just check if any of the values is 0 and if yes, then decide if you have to write a sucess message or a failure message.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BPM to do the scenario.After synchronous step collect the responses in a multiline container operation step and followin tat u can use transformation step or switch step as per ur convenience.

Regards

Victoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use response message container from Synchronous Send step as a input to Switch or Transformation step to make decisions based on the response recevied.

Regards

Anand