cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running MII 12.x from a Wyse Terminal running WindowsXP Embedded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continuing a discussion from a previous thread ([;), has anyone had any experience with running MII 12.x applets from a Wyse Terminal running Windows XP Embedded?

If so, can you please provide feedback with good and bad experiences. Which version of MII are you running? Which version Java is running on Windows XP Embedded? Any recommendations on Flash/ROM and RAM hardware requirements for the thin clients?

While Sun's Java SE for Embedded does recommend at least 64MB of ROM and 64MB or RAM to run, any additional information is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Teti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have 6 WYSE C90LE devices running WindowsXP Embedded, I have deployed 3 so far. I originally purchased the C90, but it would not support the screen resolution I was looking for with a wide screen. We are runniing MII 12.0.5

They each have the XPe Java 1.5.02 JRE Add On installed (available from WYSE website). I also have a 3M touch screen driver installed locally on the device.

I have the WYSE device manager installed on one of my servers, and can use it for certain config/monitoring activities.

My experience has been good as relates to the performance of the device. MII screens that can be accessed from these terminals typically contain 2 or 3 applets, haven't tested with more.

Support has been good once you finally get through to the tech support guy (online documentation is so so), I say guy singular because in four calls for different issues I have always arrived at the same person.

Other Notes:

-I purchased these because of their size, I have mounted them directly to the backside of 32 and 42" LG LCD Touch Screen Monitors (Touch screens fitted by Kristel displays)

-I have an AutoIT script in the startup directory that launches IE full screen and enters credentials.

-A scheduled nightly reboot seems to help keep things straight.

In the future I plan on moving to Citrix, which these devices also support.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rod Hoffman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rod,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your experiences around MII on Wyse thin clients. This was exactly what I needed!

Regards,

Michael Teti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad I could help.

Rod

Answers (0)