cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START_J2EE_INITIAL phase error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i'm trying to upgrade dual stack system and i've got an error during the execution of the START_J2EE_INITIAL phase.

this is trouble ticket info:

Trouble Ticket Report

Upgrade to SAP NetWeaver'04s SR3

SID................: DWD

Hostname...........: fsczpga01519

Install directory..: /usr/sap/DWD

Upgrade directory..: /usr/sap/jupgrade

Database...........: Oracle

Operating System...: UNIX

JDK version........: 1.4.2 IBM Corporation

SAPJup version.....: 1.3.16

Source release.....: 630

Target release.....: 700

Current usages.....: AS;AAS

ABAP stack present.: true

The execution of UPGRADE/UPGRADE/START_J2EE_INITIAL ended in error.

Could not start J2EE Engine instance with name J2EE and number 10 of the standard system.

Could not start instance 10.

More information can be found in the log file /usr/sap/jupgrade/log/START_J2EE_INITIAL_TJI_03.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Se

arch for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeControlEngine

com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.PhaseException

Could not start J2EE Engine instance with name J2EE and number 10 of the standard system.

START_J2EE_INITIAL_TJI_03.LOG is saying this:

#1.5#C0000A2ABA08000000000CEF62E2B88B000480E7B2CA7CD0#1267632532258#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/UPGRADE/UPGRADE/START_J2EE_INITIAL##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:834)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:834)#Java###Phase status is .#1#error#

and there is an error in std_server0.out:

Loading: ConfigurationManager returned false!

Kernel not loaded. System halted.

any help appreciated.

thanks,

martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether your DB is up?

Refer note : 711584 - "ConfigurationManager returned false"

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, vijith. (un)fortunately db seems to be running.

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

The defaultTrace of server0 might provide you with more information about the error.

The Kernel of the J2EE Engine is made by mostly libraries and therefore when it doesnu2019t start usually a bad deployment is the cause. Therefore if the information in the defaultTrace doesnu2019t help you to find the solution you could try to re-deploy with SDM the following SDA file that contains the J2EE Kernel:

SAPJEECOR[SP_Version].SCA. Select the option u201CUpdate SDAu2019s/SCAu2019s that have any versionu201D in the SDM GUI. Refer to the SDM documentation at SDM/program/doc for more information about SDM.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ventsi,

i tried to restart whole server and upgrade, before i read your message and it worked. 🐵 lucky me...

thanks for your effort.

best regards,

martin

Answers (0)