cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically change user status when budget is approved (AVAC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a problem concerning user status and budget status.

My client wants to not allow the release of the project if the budget has not been approved. I tried to use the user statuses using a status called AVA2, which should be activated (automatically) when system status changes to AVAC. From what I saw there is no business transaction that allows you to set the user status when the budget is released.

The main purpose is to prevent the release of the project if it has not been budgeted

Best regards,

George Mihaila.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your requirement this is what I would recommend

When status BUDG is set (this is done when you do budgeting for the project via CJ30 then set a user status called Budget Approved, this status should not allow release.

When the budget is approved then remove this status and release project

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. I have developed a code (ABAP) to disable the release button when the budget was not approved. It was the most easy and elegant method that I could find.

Thanks for the replies.

P.S. The idea with the user status was may first try. The problem is that the user can manually change the status and release the project.

Regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand your problem, but just a question, did you check in the t-code OK02 to set your status and status profiles, and manage the rules behind them?

Regards,

Vincent

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear.

1. What do you mean in terms of SAP " if the budget has not been approved"

2. "I tried to use the user statuses using a status called AVA2, which should be activated (automatically) when system status changes to AVAC." -Yes there is not set status for business transaction AVAC in std. SAP but it is there for budget business transaction. If you wanted to at time of setting of AVAC than you have to go for development.

With Regards

Nitin P.