cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Credit card Authorization Fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are processing our Credit Sales orders through SAP and we are using a third party payment card interface such as cyber cash server to interface with clearing house when credit card authorization program is run as Batch in SAP,for which we have a RFC connection from SAP.

Apart from problems of RFC connection from SAP to Cybercash,I would like to know the reasons and scenarios as to why and when the Credit card authorizations Fail?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know one scenerio, If you payment card is block in the customer then your authorization got failed.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

Thank you for providing the details,but in our system ,payment card data is not maintained in Customer master,The order entry person enters the credit card number and other card details in CRM sales order,which is then replicated to R3,The authorization batch job is executed in R3,I would also like to know what could be the other possible reasons as to why credit card authorizations fail?

Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I have not much idea about CRM and also I have no idea how you landscape setup.

In that case I can suggest you to discuss this issue with your ABAPer and debug you authorization program, he will tell you exact thing that what are the checks in the program. What program check during the process?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Damu,But this report RV21A001 creates a work list of all the Bocked sales which can be subesquently manually rejected or approved but my query is why and under what scenarios does Credit card authorization fail when a batch authorization program is run?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

Are you meaning payment card block in the Customer master-Company code data? What are the other scenarios when a credit card authorization fails when a batch authorization run is carried out?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use report RV21A001

REgards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Not in customer master-company code tab, There is payment transaction tab page in Genral data.

Click at payment cards --> there you can put block in the customer master.

If there is a block then the authorization failed.

another scenerio, we customize the system in that way, if order will create in Jan 10 and the billing is suppose to done feb 10 then there is a time limit define for taking the payment from customer card i.e upto 28 Feb 10

If user get late and user is trying to bill the customer in 3 march 10, so in that case also the authorization will get failed.

Also in the customer master where have you defined the payment card, you have to give the validity date also.

If validity date expired in that case also, payment card authorization will get failed

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, repeat post!!!

Regards,

MT

Edited by: M T on Mar 4, 2010 2:02 PM