cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with performance key indicators and availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

EWA is running fine on our systems for a long time, and SL reporting has been set up and running in some basic for also a year ago or something. But I have recently noticed that PKI targets as set up in "Setup SL Reporting" are not correct - when I schedule and run a new SL report specification it shows only some default values e.g. only Avg. Response Time at Peak Dialog Hour = 1400ms and Avg. DB Request Time in Update Task = 800ms whatever I put as Target PKIs. Also, System Life Monitor shows no data.

I also notice some 90% Avg. Avaiability in EWA - does anyone know how is this computed exactly ? We have on DI (out of 3 + 1 CI) recently put down (but still assigned to logon groups), but what is the math behind it (can't find it in documentation). Help appreciated,

ZP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LisaDeady
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ZP,

It is possible that the system definition has changed in SMSY. The EWA/ SLR adjusts its reported KPIs according to the product it detects. SAP Note 721643 gives a list of KPIs/Products. If you have upgraded your ST-SER release this could be the cause of the changes to the product definitions in SMSY.

According to this, the SLR follows the EWA and stops collecting the R/3 related KPIs. They will stay in the report until they run out of the reported time frame of 12 months. There is no way to delete these manually in an easy way without loosing all other KPI histories as well.

As reported in the note 721643, the missing KPI's cannot be collected anymore.

You can collect similar information using the CPH from CCMS. Note 872569 gives data about the Central Performance History and SL Reporting.

The EWA availability is based on COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCEMONITOR running every hour. The job does NOT check the availability. It only performs some general system tasks, such as collecting and aggregating SAP performance data for all servers/instances. The log does not contain any direct information about availability. It contains only information about the status of the hourly statistic data collection.

A value of 100% means that the collector was available the whole day. "Available" in the context of this report means that at least one SAP instance was running. If the SAP collector was not running correctly, the values in the table and graphics may be incorrect.

Hope this answers your questions

Regards

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Тhanks, I've also some fresh information on OSS:

1075018 - EarlyWatch Alert: KPI's For BW Do Not Include Availability

1393852 - SL Reporting: System Life Monitor and KPI history

1332677 - ST03N-based system availability in SLR no longer supported

The CCMSPING-based availability measurement allows you to monitor the

central instances (ABAP and JAVA), instance availability, instance logonavailability, and the SAP logon groups by the minute.

I think you already know the following notes on this topic:

944496 - CCMS Ping and SL Reporting

944495 - Implementing the CCMS-ping in the SL reporting

ZP.

Answers (0)