cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalling oracle 9i/10g & installing oracle 9i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As I am using ECC5.0 on oracle database10g and HPUX as OS. I am facing problem with SAP startup.When I try to open database it is saying need to recover some backup datafiles which i dont have backup.This is a development system.

Here I was planning to equilise my development system data with production system data which I have online/offline backup with me.

As development system upgraded to 10g but not production.So want to uninstall Oracle(9i&10g) from development system and want to equilise production system data which is using oracle9i.

So Please help me to uninstall oracle from the system and Install new oracle into it.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I am using ECC5.0 on oracle database10g and HPUX as OS. I am facing problem with SAP startup.When I try to open database it is saying need to recover some backup datafiles which i dont have backup.This is a development system

Has this system been running before or have have you done a system copy ?

If it has try "recover database until cancel" and specify the online redo logs E.G dbf files in OriglogA & B. Then reset the logs and open

As development system upgraded to 10g but not production.So want to uninstall Oracle(9i&10g) from development system and want to equilise production system data which is using oracle9i.

So you want to do a system refresh back from Production to your dev system.?

Shut everything down on DEV. Use the 10G disks to uninstall the 10G software. Then install the 9i software, this would make it nice and tidy.

Follow the "Homogenous System Copy" instguide on Sap Marketplace for the full procedure.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

as i tol already i have two databases in asystem.now oracle 10 is there and when i tried to open the database it is saying some files need to be recover,but i dont have that files in backup.now i got a idea that i can change the system to 9i which is equalent version of production system which i have backup and i will make system copy by copying production data.I tried with the present sap data but iam getting error as database not compatiable with the data.So please suggest me which is the best way to up the server.

I tried so many ways to start sap system with oracle 10g but not succeded ,and we dont have back up what we have.so please suggest me which is better way.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried recovering the database with the online redo logs ??

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, i tried to recover online redolog files but it doesnt workout..

Even i dont need the data before ,i want the system to be up.please suggest me to make the system up.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your DEV and PRD systems are having same OS and DB Platform && If you want to build up your DEV system from PRD system data , then one of the possible way, to up ur server without more issue, can be a Fresh Installation of SAP DEV System with Oracle 9i.

Then you can Perform Homogeneous System copy using Oracle Offline/Online Backup of your Production Data. You can refer this [useful document|http://www.basisconsultant.com/component/remository/Sytem-Copy-Guides/Homogeneous-System-Copy-using-OnlineandOffline-Backup/] for such copy. All required steps are mentioned there. After such successful copy, you can upgrade Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g , if you wish.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavi,

As my system running on two databases if i change parameners from 10 g to 9i the database will start with 9i right.then is there a need of fresh installation?? and one more i have data in testing in oracle 10g i can use this data for homgenous system copy.WHich will be easy to make the system up?

Please advice so that it is very helpful for me.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i change parameners from 10 g to 9i the database will start with 9i right.

Its not enough as far as the difference exists in Oracle ABAP , due to difference in release levels required patch sets/patches.

As per the 14th Point of this SAP Note 592393-FAQ:Oracle,

If possible, the source and target software should be identical as far as the release, 
patch set and bug fixes are concerned.

If you want your DEV system to run with Oracle 10g, then After the Restore/Copy (with lower release data),

you must execute all of the upgrade steps that are described in the guide for upgrading to Oracle 10g.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Edited by: Bhavik G. Shroff on Mar 11, 2010 7:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavik,

As i tried in differnet ways it doesnt work out.I want to degrade the oracle 10 to oracle 9i, and i have data of production related to 9i.after server is up i will upgrade the system to oracle higher version.but for time being i want the system with 9i.even i dont need any data if the system is fresh i dont mind about it.is there any way to up the server.

I dont want previous data what is there in old server.Your suggestions will help me a lot.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

.but for time being i want the system with 9i.even i dont need any data if the system is fresh i dont mind about it.is there any way to up the server.

> I dont want previous data what is there in old server.Your suggestions will help me a lot.

Uninstall (manual or runInstaller) the Oracle 10g and do a fresh installation of Oracle9i and make the server up with the default database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Already i have the database in the same system .even i can use it after changing the env variables??if yes i can change it and try to check and replace the backup in it..

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

> So Please help me to uninstall oracle from the system and Install new oracle into it.

No need to uninstall Oracle 10g and reinstall Oracle 9i, you can have installed both software versions at the same time. The binaries are located in different ORACLE_HOMES.

Oracle 9i: /oracle/<SID>/920_64

Oracle 10g: /oracle/<SID>/102_64

You can switch between the different oracle homes (respective software) by changing the HOME directory of the ora<SID> user.

Regards

Stefan