Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the drop down list on the XML schema Adobe forms with the fields :

All the above values are appearing on the drop down list.

If I select the value 1, the list should show the remaining possible values 2, 3,4, 5.

If I select 3 on the drop down list, It should show remaining values 4 and 5 only. It should not show 2 and 3.

The reason is once they crossed the step, they should not go back to the previous step. This is offline scenario with upload form data into the table. How can I approach the above.

Thanks in advance.

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

here's a link to a great resource on scripting

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

Again, I'm not a big scripter so I won't be much help if you want to dynamically alter the values of your dropdown box after they've chosen an option.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chceck this one: (by me, how is that possible you didn´t find this yourself?) Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean how ti display the list? do you want me to describe how to do the dynamic binding?

first you need to allow yourself to do that, in the properties of LCD find allow dynamic bing, set true

go to the binding tab of the component, you want to dyna-bind

there should be the name, underlined, working as a hyperlink, click

now you can see the dynamic binding properties, what is the key of item, what is the name of the item, fill all these, ok, close

now you can see a little chain mark in the binding tab

save, activate, enjoy

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read through this: http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle/browse_thread/thread/1bfbde16b7b5b74d

where you can find how to add or remove items. I hope you know how to get a number of the selected item. If not, search a little, I have answered this questions many times before.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I have gone through the blogs.But mostly discussed about the issues. I dont find any procedure like how to approach. some of the procedure are confusing. Can you please give me the any link which describes the procedures to display drop down list.

Thanks

Ram

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t understand. The user chooses a value, you get the value into the script, save it somewhere (??), and based on this value the items set in the drop down should change. But why? Maybe it would be better not to use the DD and solve it using some other component or create some "control" on your own from scratch. If you can tell me the detailed scenario how it should behave, I will help you (I hope).

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

The scenario is : Let say we populated the value in Drop down list. values are 1,2,3,4,5 in drop down. We will use this form until the status in drop down reaches 5 (Completed status). when the user submit the form after entered some value in forms and he submitted. Now the staus let say 3 (Processed).

When user open the form Next time, he can able to see in that drop down list 4 and 5 (Remaining status only). For him crossed process should not appear on the drop down (1&2 like created status). There is no meaning in create the form agagin once he reach the status 3. Because in a drop down all values will be appear (1,2,3,4,5). This is kind of upload the form datas into table.So It wont bother wheather do we select the wrong value or not..That is the reason we want to display the remaining process on the drop down with respect to current status.

Any other alternate idea also welcom.

Thanks

Ram

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is easy, just search the forum for "dynamic binding" which can do all the work for you. You´ll provide a table with the items you want to insert into the drop down and the binding will do it for you. I have described how to do this many times here, so I hope you can find it easilly.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto. Let me check it out. But in the drop down list my requirement is like that.

All the above values are appearing on the drop down list.

If I select the value 1, the list should show the remaining possible values 2, 3,4, 5.

If I select 3 on the drop down list, It should show remaining values 4 and 5 only. It should not show 1 and 2.

How can I achieve this..Something we can do it in script side to do or what?

Thanks for all your help

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

this sounds like you going to have to put a bit of coding behind the drop down to manipulate the available vaues.

since i'm an ABAPer, not a Formcalc/javascript guy, I would probably put 5 separate checkboxes 1 - 5 on the screen.

when the user choses the 3rd checkbox, I woud hide checkboxes 1 and 2 using something like this:

if ( chxbox3.rawValue eq "1" ) then
chkbox1.presence  = "hidden"
chkbox2.presence  = "hidden"
endif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think so I can place the checkbox on the screen. Any other alternate options?. I am writing script. Can you please help me out.

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Ramesh ram on Mar 3, 2010 10:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the logic to dynamically populate the drop down list?.

Created the values with internal table...then??? After that I am confused..

Please help me out..

Thanks

Ram