cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two support determination rules for the same service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein we require two support team determination rules. Presently we are using the rule (13200137)CRM_DNO_1 for support team determination based on SAP component.

Mode of creation of support messages :

We create the support message from R/3 by help-> create support message . Then based on the component the support team is determined. This is fine.

Now we have a set of users in a separate geographical zone. They are connected to the same servers, which we use. However their employee codes differ. Now for this set of the users the support team is to be determined seperately. We are not interested in creation of some dummy Component and determine the support team based on it.

This should be in track with the existing rule for support team determination.

Request your valuable suggestion this.

regards,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one way to solve this would be the following:

1. Copy role CRM_DNO_1 to Z-Namespace and add container value "USER".

2. Define your responsibilities using the container value "USER".

3. Copy function module CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE to Z-Namespace and fill the container value "USER" with the user data (for example read from the ticket or from satellite system).

3a. Create own determination action using the coding of the partner determination (Method CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1) und replace the function call of CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE with your own function module.

4. Set the rule number of the your own rule in your determination action (Parameter "RULE").

Hope this helps,

Christoph

edit: Inserted point 3a

Edited by: Christoph Kronauer on Mar 8, 2010 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I copied the role CRM_DNO_1 to z_crm_dno_1. All Datas was copied exept the datas in the section 'responsibitity' - is this ok?

the new role has now the number 90100005. where can I change the role number form the standard-role CRM_DNO_1 13200137 to 90100005?

and where in the new role can I modify the name of the FB CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE to my new FB Z_CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE ?

thx in advance,

kind regards

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any suggestions please.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Could you be more specific ?

What is the criterion to be used to distinguish the second set of users from the first one ? Is it the user ID ? If you can use the Department field in the Address tab of the user profile I can explain you a way to do that.

regards,

Stéphane.

Edited by: Stephane BUSTARRET on Mar 8, 2010 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

I want to have rule, which determines the support team based on the country of the message reporter who has created the support message. If the Department field in the user profile would be of help, I would be interested to use it.

eg :

USER (reporter): A

SAP Component selected : MM

User(reporter): B

SAP Component selected : MM

Rule for the support team determination for the support message by reporter A : L1-MM-India

Rule for the support team determination for the support message by reporter B : L1-MM-US.

This is my requirement.

Please suggest.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You have to perform the steps described by Christoph. Only one rule is necessary in that case.

For step1: you may use the flollowing as ABAP Dict Reference for USR_COUNTRY (COUNTRY is already existing) container value in your rule :

Structure : BAD_ADDRESS

Field : DEPARTMENT

For step3: after copying CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE, add code section to get the value stored in the department field in Reporter's User data (address tab). Then enhance the section where the container is filled (from line 172) with something like that :

WHEN 'USR_COUNTRY'.
        ls_container-value = ls_bad_address-department.

Kind regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphane/Christoph ,

Apolozise for my late response and in awarding points as we had the oppurtunity to test it only now. As per your suggestions I have done the following

1. I have created a custom copy of the rule (CRM_DNO_1).And filled in a new value 'USER' in the container with the structure

and field as mentioned by you.

2. Defined the responsibilities with the container value 'User'

2.I didnt create a copy of CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE but we have changed it with an access key and included a similar code provided by you - WHEN 'USR_COUNTRY', ls_container-value = ls_bad_address-department.

3. This Method CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 already contains the standard FM. Hence no changes were done to it.

4. Assigned the new(customized) rule in the action definition for support team determination.

After doing the above it is still not working.. Could you suggest if the steps I followed will not produce the result?

We have done the debugging but the field 'USR_COUNTRY' is not read, it is empty though i maintained the values.

Require your suggestions again, as we are trying for an output as soon as possible

Thanks & regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

To me, it seems some code is missing...

All your steps are correct, but you still need to feed the s_bad_address-department value with the value coming from the user details.

Try something like this after retrieving the user id from the BP number :

SELECT p~department
         INTO ls_bad_address-department
         FROM usr21 AS s
         INNER JOIN adcp AS p ON s~persnumber = p~persnumber
         WHERE s~bname = lv_user_id.
  ENDSELECT.

Regards,

Stéphane.