Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Service Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 2 questions about Service Registry:

1 - How can i remove some service in Service Registry?

I publish a wrong service and i need remove this know.

2 - How can i publish a new physical system(Composition Enviroment) in service Registry?

I had already published one SCM system, and i need publish another, but this system is a Composition Enviroment where i have some ES developed by me in CAF project. When i try to publish some of this services in SR, i need put the phisical system, but i don't have this system published yet.

can someone help me?

I use Net Weaver AS java 7.1.

Regards

Marcos

Edited by: Marcos Brandao on Mar 3, 2010 11:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>1 - How can i remove some service in Service Registry?

goto WSNavigator of PI and serach for service by provider system "Local Java AS", locate service "ServiceRegistrySiService" and you can find various operation to manage service registry.

Now use operation "findServiceDefinitions" to find your service and it's uddi key, use this uddi key in another operation called "deleteServices" and delete service from service registry.

Just explore a bit and you will find various useful services there.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried to do that, but when i use deleteService operation i always get i NullPointerException error or

Fault String: "Fatal: Mismatch between expected and real entity type" error, depends where i put the uddi Key filed.

Any other answer?

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the uddi key here? remove "uddi" prefix and then use the key, also try to remove "-" from the key.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The uddi key is uddi:392eeed0-26fe-11df-8b60-000c2932a735.

I remove "uddi" and "-" too. In some of cases i get another error:

Fault String: "UDDI key: 392eeed026fe11df8b60000c2932a735 at position [1] not found in the registry; "

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another good way to locate uddi key is from Service Registry itself:

1. Search for your service in service registry.

2. Select UDDI key from "General tab".

3. go back to WSNavigator and suppy this uddi key for deleting service keep uddi as prefix and "-" also.

4. It will delete service and definition.

5. Now use operation "hideServiceDefinitions" to hide the service defintion from SR. Unfortunately you can't delete it.

6. You can even do it w/o point 3 and 4.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i have found this Uddi key in service registry. I have compare this with the uddi key founded in findServiceDefition operation, they are the same.

But the deleteService operation make the error explined in third post.

regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use hideService operation. keep key as it is means keep "uddi" prefix and "-" in key.

It is working for me. Use local WSNavigator (which is on same AS of service registry). Remove any leading or training space and try again, it must work.

I tested it myself and I also got similar error but afet few try i made it work.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the hideServiceDefinition and it works. The service do not appear in Service Registry anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Marcos

Answers (0)