Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5.0: CLEAN_REQREQ_UP, BBP_REQEQ_TRANSFER and Webmonitor

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

we are on SRM 5.0 SP15. Classic Scenario with MM Backend.

We have some issues with the webmoitoring. We have the clean job clean_reqreq_up running in 10 minutes intervals. Also we have bbp_get_status_2 every 20 minutes.

Quite often we have red traffic lights in the webmonitor because users in the backend run transaction MB1A - Material withdrawal (referred to reservations) this leads to SM12 locks. So if now somebody sends a shopping cart from SRM with the same material, we get the backend applic. error: material locked by user xy.

But even if the users leaves MB1A withdrawal transaction and in SM12 we can see in the backend, that the lock disappears, still the shopping carts keeps hanging in srm. Only via manual action we can transfer the shopping cart posions again. Before the users gets an error during transmission in the status view.

In SPRO we have set SPOOL_LEAD_INTERVALL and SPOOL_MAX_RETRY. hel.spa.com says we have to delete SPRO entries if we have the clean job running - is that so? look at:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/de/24/64474ecfaf11d2b463006094b92d37/frameset.htm]

I also noticed, that I can transfer shopping carts manaully vis FM BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER. When calling afterwards clean_reqreq_up, I get the status view on srm side ok and then I can see there follow on documents. Still the webmonitor does not react and remains red.

Can somebody spread some light on this?

kind regards,

matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mattias

SAP seems to be right.

system may hold a lock on material once you create a respective important follow on documents like reservations.. upon the stock the srm system determines the follow on document right.

in the define backend objects

reservation subject to inventory right.

clarify if i am wrong.

miuthu

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miuthu,

I don't understand this:

"in the define backend objects

reservation subject to inventory right."

can you describe what you want me to do?

and what about the note 1420833 - did you too have this amount of prerequisites, other notes which the system wants you to implement? Like I described before...

kind regards, matthias

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations,

You perform this step only if you create your Materials Management documents in a backend system.

You specify the documents that are to be created in the backend system for a requirement coverage request.

The following documents can be created:

Purchase requisition

Purchase order

Reservation

You enter a product category (such as office supplies, or hardware) and/or an organizational unit. The organizational unit contains the purchasing group that is responsible for procuring products in this category.

You can enter the product category generically, such as Office*.

Note

The backend system is determined using the product category in the requirement coverage request item. The item also contains the organizatinal unit.

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE if you wish to implement a different logic for creating documents in the backend system.

Example

If purchasing group 01 wants to procure materials from the category Raw Materials, a reservation is to be created every time.

If materials in the category PC are to be procured, a purchase requisition is to be created every time.

Activities

1. Enter the organizational unit and/or the category.

2. Enter a source system.

3. Choose the procurement type.

Reservation if stock is available, otherwise external procurement

The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management and sufficient stock quantity is available in the warehouse on the requested date.

Always reservation for materials subject to inventory management

The system creates a reservation if the material is subject to inventory management, irrespective of whether stock is available.you knew tis ver well.

mutu

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mutu,

now I think we're losing ground. Yes we have definde the target objects in the backend and we also use the BADI BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE - on this side everything is fine. But thisis NOT my problem.

This is all about the WEB MONITOR problem!!!

Simply this, once again:

why do the hanging shopping carts not get transferred automatically to the backend after SM12 lock (in backend) has disappeared for the material concerned in the hanging shopping cart. This should happen by means of Job CLEAN_REQREQ_UP.

I followed help.sap.com for this and deleted the spool_interval retry entries and max_try entries, because we have the job running. Still no effect - shopping carts keep hanging. This is very unpleasant.

Right now I have the bad situation that each morning I have abou 20 to 30 hanging carts or to be accurate, positions, (red alerts in the monitor) - These I can transfer manually by clicking the help tools "transfer position" on the webfrontend. I also might use FM BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER. But this is all a lot of clicking and time wasting... also the automatic solution should work...

clean_reqreq_up does not seem to use FM BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER - otherwise it should work, I guess...

Still I am don't dare to put in the note you mentioned - because of all the other follow on notes and manual work and stuff...

I might create an OSS for that...

kind regards,

matthias

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you scheduling this program

BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED

test and tell me in development box?

i too have concerns on web monitor.

i have corrected the problem but error is still appearing. manual intervention is required. where will i go report...some times i delete. some times it automatically disappear.. i am also ...

br

Muthu

ps:- some business 10 mins interval for clean job. the issue is that the end uder can not see his follow on document immedisatly..

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mutu,

created a new cart hanger - and ran the report: BBP_ALERT_SB_NOTTRANSFERED

what should I learn from this? I can't see any effect. Ran the report with default value 7.200 for clean_reqreq_up and without...

I can see my shopping cart hanging - webmonitor displays it with red lights.

matthias

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Understand your pain. let us wait for other reply.

nobody likes to do manually retransfer ..

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mattias

Can you replicate the same in your development box.check with sap.

too for job frequency for your business requirements.

since

normally clean req req up run every 3 minutes . it is a good practice which i follow.

i am wondering your back end transaction makes hold in sm12 in srm. lock due to our srm objects right.

when we run clean requp - 3 mins and bbp_get_status and lock will go away.

SAP Note 1420833 - BBP_GET_STATUS_2 creates too many lock

entries

br

muthu

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

thanx for the input so far:

read between the lines:

Hi mattias

Can you replicate the same in your development box.check with sap.

yes I did so

normally clean req req up run every 3 minutes . it is a good practice which i follow.

there in our testbox I have clean_reqreq_up on every 2 minutes and bbp_get_status_2 every 10 minutes.

i am wondering your back end transaction makes hold in sm12 in srm. lock due to our srm objects right.

No - I am talking SM12 in Backend - at least I can see, that people who appear in SRM Monitor, there in Backend also appear in the SM12 locks. And I can rebuild this behavior in my test box. Go to transaction MB1A in backend and do a withdrawal for a material which you want to order the same time in SRM, then you get the error which keeps hanging in the webmonitor and in fact the cart won't be transferred, even if the lock in backend SM12 is gone

when we run clean requp - 3 mins and bbp_get_status and lock will go away.

this is unfortunately not the case in our case

SAP Note 1420833 - BBP_GET_STATUS_2 creates too many lock

entries

I shall check this, just read, that it is a brandnew note and not even covered by our SP15 - so this might help!

kind regards, mk

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I was just trying to follow Muthus recommendation to implement note 1420833 - BBP_GET_STATUS_2 creates too many lock entries. I was downloading the note and when trying to put it in, the system wants me to also get another approxiamtely 30 notes -some of them I checked and should be in our system already as we are SRM Server 550 SAPKIBKT15.

I am really not really in the mood to create such a massive building site - some of the notes also require adjustments in the backend - seems to me like an endless story...

can somebody give advice on this?

kind regards,

matthias