Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe offline form - drop down

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an offline form of type standard layout. and attached a interface of ABAP dictionary based.

Is it possible to populate the drop down values dynamically using the initialization option in the interface. If yes please give me some idea how to define the field and the mapping in the form.

For e.g. i want personnel no field as a drop down. we will create a form and send it via mail to the users.One option is to enter values manually in the form but if some new personnels have to be added then everytime the form needs to be updated too. so is it possible that we can populate the drop down values in the initialization of the interface. so that whenever the form is sent via mail through a program it will have the updated values.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a table of persnos in the backend and use dynamic binding in the form (no coding needed) to fill these values into a drop down. Dynamic binding has been described many times here, so do a little search. Otto

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Otto,

I wrote a code in the initialisation tab of the form interface. and its working now. We need to select pass by value check box for the field which we want to pass the value.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil.

I too have the same requirement. i write code in initialization event to populate my internal table .Now i want perticular field in dropdow so that suppose 5 records are there in internal table it will show 5 in dropdown also.how to proceed further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Gold.

Data is not updated with the value of drop down list on click of submit button

Sir

i am developing an adobe interactive form using web service method. i created a function module of that , created a web service for function module i drag and drop all the fields of function module in the form and change a text field object to drop down list . i filled all the values of drop down statically but how to bind the drop down value with the data connection because i changed the object. when i click on drop down list programming area for java scripts open please tell me the code. or help me in this scenario.