cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File name to be considered while Trex Search in CV04N,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Gurus,

I know TREX can search and list the documents using any Word or Characters inside the original file, but i have a requirement to search the document by there File Names,i tried giving File names in CV04N Trex search window, but it is not giving any results for me,

how can i make the trex search consider the file names also while searching in CV04N,

In SAP DMS is there a standard search functionality to search the documents by there File name?

Awaiting response

Thanks and regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can search the document with file type but not with any character or word or name of original.

If you have a requirement , you can create a characteristic for this as separate field in additional data.

Or second option is ask user to give the same name in document description field.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response,

i know we can search the documents through Classification or description details using CV04N, but

while searching any document the user wishes to fill up the details only at one field ie... the Trex search window in the CV04N screen, and he will not be interested in filling the values at the classification TAB and the description Tabs,

we need a single point of search through Trex search Window in CV04N, ie... when this Trex search field is filled appropriately,( like the classification value, Long text value,)

this values should search the documents with this Classification or Long text values in DIR and display the results,

i could not succeed in getting the trex search working with this values, is there any thing missing from DMS config????

FYI,

we have Portal Document search through DMS through DMS Connector, and in this Trex Search we could find the DMS documents using the file Names as well, but strangely the same thing is not possible through CV04N trex Search,

Thanks and regards

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

One strange thing which astonishes me is that, Trex Search of DMS documents through Portal behaves differently and has an added Additional functionality of searching documents by there File Name, and file Extensions,

but unfortunately the same search functionality ie.. using the File names in CV04N Trex window search is not possible, ( Why?)

Any Updates on this is welcome, is this functionality being considered in future releases please let us know,

Thanks and Regards

Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

TREX isearch will not give you the file name as TREX creates an index from database. For portal you are using business connector for DMS - knowledge management - there the facility is available even though it is connected to the same R3.

The search based on file names is not supported as standard - req. development.

BR,

Anirudh,

Answers (0)