Did you mean: 

Help on GOA screen control at line item for only material

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

scenario:-

1. create a GOA

for a material with has alternative UOM ( CAR - ORDER UNIT ; 1 CAR - 34 ea) . So i created GOA FOR MATERILA LINE ITEM.

FOR CAR .

2. I released GOA and distributed GOA for CAR as Oeder Unit UOM.

3. now my buyer go to GOA and change UOM as EA and price I AND CHANGE THE PRICE IN THE SAME LINE ITEM.

4. No PO released against the COntract in the ECC

5. Unfortunately buyer could change this UOM from CAR to EA. now GOA shows as EA in the line item

6. this info taken to ECC via IDOC but this info never updated in ECC contract.

7. my PO release as CAR forever rather than EA since my ECC contract always shows as CAR

i can lock this item i can create a new line item, no issues.

how buyer knows each time ? if the system allows buyer always try to change rather than entering new item. it is not buyer fault. it is srm fault.

Now ican u suggest some code in ui control badi , if the PO not releases system should not allow to change the UOM in the GOA line item for a material.

PS:- once PO released against contract . srm will not allow to change the UOM . that is fine.

SAP has to correct this problem and release the note.

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donald/SCot/ kiran/ jay...

are you having the same problem in SRM 700. front end validation is required here toooooo...

please help me.

I could not accept this functionality ..

why SRM allows to change the UOM by the buyer after release the GOA for the same line item

if srm allows to do edit, SAP SRM and ECC has to update the same UOM in the existing purchasing contract. IDOCs carry all new uom but why not updated in ECC purchasing contract.

decided to write own logic in ui badi to protect this. what to do

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Did you find the solution to the problem?

I tried to reproduce the scenario in our system and I could not change the UoM on an item in a GOA that has already been released.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO SG

you might released a PO thats why you could not edit otherwise you can edit and make ensure that u have alternate UOM in MARM table too

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

I have not released any PO's on my GOA and it doesn't let me change UoM.

I only have materials replicated from backend as items though.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

come on,

are they have more than one UOM

if it so

what is the screen control in me33k

for uom field?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

You are right. I did not have multiple UoM setup at material. When I did it, I ran into same problem as you mentioned.

1. I created and released a GOA with material and UoM DZN (this is ordering unit and mapped 12EA)

2. Backend Contract created with DZN

3. Modified GOA item with UoM EA and released

4. BLAORD idoc was sent wtih EA as UoM to ECC. However the contract did not get updated with EA.

SG

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes SG. it owes 3 days sleep.

thats why sap recommended us to write badi

lesson learnt and informed all my buyer.plz dont do this...till we write a logic to hide

good practice lock(inactivate) and create a new line item.

br

muthu