cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eliminate SUPPRESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to eliminate a grey SUPPRESS (an entire context change suppressed)? it should not be replaced with another value using mapWithDefault.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, do as suggested by Sven.

Create a UDF of advanced type: Chose "Queue" radio-button

Pseudo code:

for(int i =0;i<input.length;i++)
{
if (!input<i>.equals(ResultList.SUPPRESS))
result.addValue(input<i>);
}

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The SUPPRESS is produced after an IF statement. Since entire contexts are being changed, a grey suppress is being produced.

We can convert that to blue SUPPRESS also using the IF function properties whereby a blue SUPPRESS is being formed for every suppressed value.

But i do not want a BLUE SUPPRESS nor a GREY SUPPRESS. Using a UDF when i try to remove the BLUE SUPPRESS values, a GREY SUPPRESS is being formed which ultimately again creates a problem. Is there a way to go about this?

Thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I am not totally wrong, then a grey field is a context change and the value displayed in that grey field is not really existing. So you need not remove that grey suppress.

A real existing suppress is blue.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May I ask, how the suppress is produced?

In if statement you can configure, if you want suppress or not.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know if this is going to work in your scenario but you can elimiate SUPPRESS (and context changes) in an UDF.

Constants are ResultList.SUPPRESS and ResultList.CC. Just copy/return the values that don't match ResultList.SUPPRESS.