cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Look up Caching Results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue in PI7.1 while using RFC Look up functionality. I use this in a high usage interface and now I see that it actually caches the results somewhere and does not actually make the RFC call to the backend system.

I refered some threads, but could not get answers. Has anyone else faced this issue ? If yes, could you let me know what the solution is to get around this issue?

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you are making multiple calls to RFC lookup? that would create problem.

Optimize your lookup using this approach:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Regards

Arpil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arpil, We are calling the RFC look up once per mapping. We get results into a global variable and process it thereafter. But this interface that has this mapping itself gets called very frequently, around 30 calls per second.

We are using the RFC look up wizard in PI7.1 and hence not building any new java code etc..but the results are cached. If the data changes in the back end system, the RFC still fetches us old data and only a forced cache refresh is causing it to pick up the new results..