cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing custom actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am trying to write a custom action block, which is a simple copy of the Tracer example in the guide.

This compiles OK (with some [unchecked] warnings), and I create, upload and deploy the jar as per instructions. My new action (Tracer2) appears in the workbench, and it seems to know what parameters to expect, but when I try to run it in a transaction I get the error

[ERROR]: STEP EXCEPTION (Tracer2_0) : Item 'Tracer2_0' is not an Action

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Nick

PS Java version is 1.6.0_18 (I have also tried compiling it with "-version 1.5" switch)

MII version is 12.0.9 (Build 17)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm no custom action expert, but MII 12.0 is based upon Java 1.4, have you tried compiling with that version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

My compiler wouldn't do it. Does anyone know if this is a likely cause? I'm sure there are older compilers around that I could use.

My ultimate goal is to get Apache FOP working, but at this rate it's going to be quite some time...

Thanks

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was indeed the problem. I downloaded the JDK 1.4.2_17 (confusingly called J2) from Sun and this did the job.

Thanks

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick/Jeremy - FYI, there are compiler settings with JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6 that you can use to compile with JDK 1.4 compatibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The compiler options are:

-source 1.4

-target 1.4

Rick

Answers (0)