cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IDOC having Multiple language content is affected passing thru XI/PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario wherein in some fields of PAYEXT is having Mendarin language characters, so while IDoc is passed through PI do we need to do some settings to retain the different language characters or PI supports multiple language in IDoc and there is no need for any specific settings.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your application system is a unicode system, you will not have any issues.

If only one codepage is installed in application system, neither.

Otherwise you have to make sure that the logon language for the RFC user for the connectieon R/3 -> PI is assigned to the correct codepage.

If the IDoc has parts of different codepages, then you have an issue.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have checked and R/3 System from where IDoc is triggered is Unicode system and also PI system. but RFC connection from R/3 -> PI is defined as non-unicode system, do this will have any impact on language content.

Also RFC has logon language EN (English) and I am not aware of codepage term and how to handle it can you please explain the same.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think u should change the RFC destination to unicode

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When R/3 is unicode system, you need not care about logon language, is there is only one codepage in system.

Change RFC connection to unicode. Do the unicode test to confirm.

The characters will be transferred correctly, don't worry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Do the Changing of communication type to Unicode will have any effect on other interface content which are only of single language i.e. English

Regards,

Nitin Patil

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a unicode system, every character is unicode. So there is no difference between english and chinese.

I think it is not a problem to have the settings to non-unicode, when you have a unicode system.

Answers (0)