Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for sending equipment for Repair to the vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is as below:

1) Equipment is created without Material / Serial no.

2) Equipment has to be sent for repair to the same vendor from whom it has been procured.

Please let me know the standard process followed in this case. Need process for both indegeneous material and Imported material.

Please check and suggest.

Regards,

Deepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Maintenance Order >>> componenet Tab >>> add material code >>> change item "N" non stock item (instead of "L" stock item).

It will ask for vendor and other purchasing details. Give all those detail and then save the order.

Once order is saved and order is released and PR number will be generated which you can see in general data tab(given at bottom of component tab).

Take that PR number and then you can create PO and give that PO to vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, how can the inventory be tracked in this case? we need the stock to be 0 if it has gone for repair and again it has to become 1 if the equipment is back to the plant.

Also, please suggest the process for imported equipment too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

The requirment what you are discussing will be solved by configuring Refurbishment Order. For this you also need to activate split valuation (SAP MM).

Once this split valuation is activated and you create refurbishment order the equipment will move to damaged storage location and once this repaired and ready for use equipment will be in repaired storage location. damage stock will be "0" and repaired storage location stock will be "1".

hope this has solved your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable information.

i will check on the process you have told.. Please let me know the process incase if equipment an imported item and we have to send the equipment to the vendor in foreign country..

Former Member
0 Kudos

deepa the process for sending equipment (material) to vendor in foreign country

follow the below step

Refurbishment order (standard order type PM04) and process it as an external service using Operations control key PM02. Here is the process

1. Create Refurbishment order for the material

2. Create operations (PM02) for external processing. PReq will be generated once the order is released

3. Send out the material to vendor for repair

4. GR/IR upon receipt of the material from vendor

5. Receive material back to storeroom (IW8W)

6. Order settlement to material