cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating new projects from templates created by me before. Scheduling is done automatically. When I enter the start date as a back date, scheduling happens from that back date only. But when I change the actual number of days for any activity and re-schedule the network, the scheduling takes the present date as the start date. Please let me know if I am missing something...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Scheduling options, Enter the number of days, for which the scheduling is to be allowed in past in the field "Start in Past"

Regards,

Amol Sarode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copy project definitions from the templates prepared before. I want the scheduling to take place from the start date I have specified. I have used Top Down scheduling scenario and backwards scheduling in my case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

If you have your scheduling method as " Top down scheduling Scenario".....System do forward scheduling with reference to your start date at project definition for WBS.

If you have your scheduling type as " Backward Scheduling"....System do backward scheduling for network... In this case system will consider the earliest finish date of the last activity in that network as the start date.

These two will work at different level (WBS and network)...

Hope it will be clear now...

Regards

Vetrivelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pritam.pwc,

Firstly, check the Scheduling scenario in your project definition, i hope it may be free scheduling, then change it to bottom-up scenario.

Check the Scheduling type in network header, as per you it must be Forwards.

Better you explain what exactly you are expecting from the system for scheduling results, then we can suggest you proper steps.

Regards,

Praveen