Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent sales employee to see other sales employee data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to prevent the sales employee within the same sales organization from seeing other sales employee data.

What will be the possible way to do this. The user is giving parameter value as follows

Sales organization

Year

Month

Sales office

Material Group

Sales employee

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shafi,

If you can tell us the t-code that they are using, it will be easy to check it.

Regards,

Lakshmi Venigala.

0 Kudos

Hi thansk for reply. T-code is VA05N.

0 Kudos

V_VBKA_VKO is the object you should check for

Edited by: Shekar.J on Mar 3, 2010 10:19 AM

0 Kudos

I've use this autho obj. but no success

0 Kudos

well..........i have done it at my end and with great success, you can restrict it at the sales organzation, Sales office and sales group level........bu i think i know what you are looking at, i suppose you want to restrict at the Partner function level for the salesmen , am i correct?

0 Kudos

yes.. I want to restrict by sales employee wise within sales organization or sales office. If you see in t-code VA05n there is one field called personnel number( viz sales employee). We want a sales employee should not able to get data if he puts some others sales employee number. That auth. object don't have check by sales employee

0 Kudos

Good to know that , I was right on my money.........what you are trying to do is NOT possible in the standard system and hoenstly speaking i think it is too complex to mange via Program modifications (at least in my work environment it was an impossible task to achieve - with all the various possible scenarios)

Personal opinion: Drop the idea to restrcit this in VA05, it is not worth the effort

0 Kudos

>

> Personal opinion: Drop the idea to restrcit this in VA05, it is not worth the effort

I agree.

If you really want to do it you could try to find a user exit / enhancement point where you could add additional validation with some logic along the lines of

If user has manager auth -> display all

If sales employee = SY-UNAME -> display the doc

If neither then give error "get out you rascal"

0 Kudos

thanks Alex... I understood that last thing to look for possibilities is User-Exit.

0 Kudos

you can try for sure, you cant be crucified for trying

remember that 9 out of 10 times, making a match with SY-UNAME and the sales man representation in SAP wouldnt be as easy as you might perceive and the next thing would be , when you go to VA05 and make a partner selection based on Area Manager (for example), then VA05 should display all sales orders that have this Area Manager in the partner fucntions of the order.......so your logic should be to first validate if you are entitiled to see /change documents of particular area managers, and if you have authorization to check documents of a manager then, you might in all probability see all orders of this manager and this manager could have more than one salesman under him, so you would get to see orders of other salesmen..........

my advice on giving it up was based on some expereince and i re-iterat the same thing - Nothing is impossibl, i agree but few taks are a bit more complex and time-consuming than others, you are the right judge on how you would like to proceed

Good luck