cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem running JAVA VISUAL ADMINISTRATOR on one target machine (on other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have problem running JAVA VISUAL ADMINISTRATOR on one target machine (on other target no)wiinX SW is same. What could be the reason?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whuen I run ./go (I do it via Putty wih X11 forarding to localhost:0 or via XMANEGER by starting xstart) In any case xclock is functionning..

I case of na old portal 7.00 (installed 2 years ago I get normal :

"java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.2)

IBM J9SE VM (build 2.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.2 Linux amd64-64 j9xa64142ifx-20070328 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20070327_1654_LHdSMr

JIT - r7_level20061020_1803ifx1)

Two new screeen opens one with Visual adnmin and one with Connect to J2EE Engine ( and option Default "I could also create and manage personal list of connections or conect t to a previous specified connections)

"

IN OTHER CASE(Problematic ONE):

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.3)

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa64142ifx-20090909 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20090908_41946_LHdSMr

JIT - 20090210_1447ifx1_r8

GC - 200902_24)

Only one windows openes with Connect to J2EE Engine ( and option Default "I could also create personal list of correnct to a previous specified connections- BUT do not know whic as I tried several combination)

When I opt default I get "http://sapiss/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameters. What to create under new "personal list of correnct to a previous specified connections"create and manage personal list of connections or conect t to a previous specified connections"

In this option What should I enter for username(tried connection named User name:"Administrator" with which I can logon to Portal, host :"sapiss.magni.es" and port "8101(proposed) but got error popup:"Unable to lookup connection "Administrator http ://sapiss.magni.es:8101/msgserver/text/logon returned empty llist of connection paramers"

I tried also ather por like 50004 but result is same

Please help

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're connecting to a Java Standalone system use 'administrator' username, if it's a Java Add-In system use username 'j2ee_admin'.

Select "Direct connection to Dispatcher Node" if it's a single Java server system(most cases), use port 5<system number>04.

To make sure nothing is blocking the connection(firewall) you can telnet to the port above as a test first to see if you can connect.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

The following help.sap.com page describes how to create new connection entry:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/35/06472c8c7e4d60abffdfff3eb1050f/frameset.htm

The Administrator user should allow you to connect to VA. Please follow the above page to properly create the connection.

In your case the error message that you got means that you connected to the message server and the message server returned an empty list of instances. The message server is separate entity and therefore it could run even when the java dispatcher and server nodes are not working. This is the most likely reason for the empty list returned by the message server. Therefore if the java instance is working properly you just have to start it.

The second connection option allows you to bypass the message server and directly connect to the p4 port of a java dispatcher. The p4 port is by default 5[XX]04, where [xx] is the instance number. Thus if your instance is 00 (your http port is 50000) the p4 port will be 50004.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Edited by: Shyam.D on Mar 3, 2010 8:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Could you give us some more information about the problem?

A screenshot of the error or the error message that you get would be helpful.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev