cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Exception response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently developing a synchronous abap proxy to rfc interface. The interface is between two ECC 5 systems. The XI system is XI 3.

The interface is working correctly but with one problem. If an exception is raised by the rfc module the response that is passed back to the abap proxy is not mapped correctly. I think that this is down to the format of the response when you look at this in the XI monitor it is not displayed as XML but simply as text so it is not processed by the message mapping. The mapping of the exception works correctly if it receives xml in the correct format. The message does appear in an application exception status in sxi_monitor.

Is this because the rfc is not raising the exception in the correct way? I have tried various methods of raising the exception but the output is always received in the same format.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> If an exception is raised by the rfc module the response that is passed back to the abap proxy is not mapped correctly. I think that this is down to the format of the response when you look at this in the XI monitor it is not displayed as XML but simply as text so it is not processed by the message mapping.

>

If RFC is not responding the right way, then it would never even show up in SXI_MONITOR. Post what you see in monitor. Did you create a separate mapping program for the fault messages of both inbound and outbound interfaces?

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fault messages only work correctly: proxy - proxy and rfc - rfc

proxy - rfc does not work correctly as the concept is different.

when you develop the interface in both systems, why not go for proxy in both systems?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Stefan.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

The reason that this interface is proxy to rfc is to reuse an existing rfc module. I'll suggest replacing this with a proxy call.

This is now working as intended. I think that there was a problem with the import of the rfc into xi. I reimported the rfc and I am now getting the response.