cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project universe measure as "Sum" instead of database delegated

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are on BO XI3.1. I have a Cube universe which is created automatically on top of a MSAS 2008 cube.

What we find is that all measures by default are set to " Database Delegated" for aggregation projections. There is no way to change this during universe creation.

These are my questions.

1. I am wondering if there is an automatic way to change this option for all measures to "Sum"?

2. Could this be done using designer SDK?

3. Is there a performance gain against a cube universe for "Database Delegated" vs "Sum"

Regards

Edited by: ramaks on Mar 2, 2010 9:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you will see that option once you update to fix pack 2.4.

Bashir Awan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an SDK application that does the jobe including a lot of additional features. You can dowload it [here|https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/download/attachments/530876999/Designer_SDK_Applis_XI3.1_SP2.zip]:

There are also more SDK applications available [here|https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/globalregions/AddvaluetoyourUniverseswithDesignerSDKapplications].

Having delegated measures mean that the measures cannot be aggregataed locally in WebIntellligence. Here are some examples of measures that MUST be delegated: ratio, weight, average, percentage, etc.

In fact all non additive measures MUST be delegated.

Concerning the performance, each time the user need to have an aggrgated in the document where a delegated measure is implied, an additional query is added to the existing one (groupin sets) and the whole query is sent to the database.

That might have in some cases some performance impact.

But I say it again, delegated measures are mandatory for non additive measures and it it the most of time valid for OLAP sources.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Didier,

Thats very useful. I think i get that non-additive measures should stay as " DB delegated".. we have quite a few in the cube.

There is an SDK application that does the jobe including a lot of additional features. You can dowload it here: There are also more SDK applications available here.

I am unable to open these URL's..

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Service Pack 2 and Fix pack 2.4 this is the default setting because this brings the real values from the database.

If we choose sum then in some cases it does not display the correct value.

If you want you can change it when you are refreshing the universe.

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bashir,

I am at XI 3.1 base version, during universe creation from a cube the default is " database delegated" for measures.

So basically i am wondering if there is a way to

1. Change it for all measures in one go. Currently i would have to change this in every measure

2. Any performance impact/considerations between two options ( database delegated vs say SUM)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramaks,

I have not seen any performance issue between the two.

You can change to sum from delegated.

Open Universe Designer and click Tool >Option > OLAP and uncheck "Set measure to delegated".

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

Open Universe Designer and click Tool >Option > OLAP and uncheck "Set measure to delegated

- Is this valid only for XI 3.1 Sp2?

I am at XI 3.1 base version and i do not see that OLAP tab in my designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any universe gurus that have insights on this issue?

Regards