Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing G/L account assignment causes reposting of receipt

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the requirement to change a G/L account to an new account as of this year. I delimited the symbolic account assignment and created a new record. Problem is, if I have to re-post an older trip, the old receipts repost to the new G/L account. We do not want retro-postings due to this change.

I changed table view V_T706K - Symbolic account assignment with a new begin date and new symbolic account assignment. Why does the Posting Run ignore the dates?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

As per my understanding if the tripu2019s dates are between the change dates then this problem can occur.

As per the configuration done (which you can see in expert view), system fetches the data depends on three basis.

a. As per trip first date

b. As per trip last date

c. As per receipt exact date

So in case if you create a trip of start date 15.01.2010 and end date 16.01.2010 and insert a receipt of 21.01.2010, it can fetch the config data of new GL account as per config.

I believe you have delimited the settings. Do let me know for any query.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

I know this post is answered but like to know what is stopping you to ascertain the trans for retrospective postings and re-charge using a journal.

The ideal scenario(hard to achieve) would hv been to clear all the open trips before changing the symbolic account link to GL account(new).

I have had the same issue but we managed to do an Adjustment Journal to move old cost to old GL account and to old Cost centre.

Rgds

CONMJI

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The finance person was going to do that for THIS year's journal entries, but not for entries before this year because those years are closed. But Travel Mgmt. doesn't prevent you from changing a trip from last year or earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry to say however I donu2019t agree with the above. I have done the same type of changes in our system and it works abs fine.

The ideal case should be that the system reads the config as per settings done in system. I believe the dependency is on settings done for Travel Cost Settl.

Please check the entry in second column.

Cheers,

Vaibhav

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I sent a message to SAP. Basically, the system reads the configuration at the time the trip is settled. Even if it is a year old trip and you re-settle it this year, it will read this year's configuration settings; not last years as I expected.