SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority of the meter readings

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some advice, I am not from device management.

Situation:

- I have installation with the final meter reading (meter reading type - 03 - final billing) at 31.12. made on 22.12.

- After that somebody was created periodic meter reading order for the same date 31.12. (01 - periodic billing)

- The meter reading type 03 was unfortunatelly supressed with the periodic meter reading order

I was simulated this situation and I got the message (just information) from the system that I have 2 meter readings at the same time and the meter reading with the lower priority will be supressed (it is nice). But according to the customizing in the table TE610 the priority settings are:

MRtype 01 - priority 3

MRtype 03 - priority 2

It means that the final billing has highest priority then periodic billing.

Now my question, why final meter reading order was supressed with the periodic billing order? Can somebody explain it?

Thanks

Vlado

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are running transaction EL09 in control data tab check 'use MR cat. from sched rec'.

Normally it is not checked to speed up the order creation process. If it is not checked then the order is then always created even if there are existing meter reading orders with higher priorities.

[Used this link as reference.|http://help.sap.com/bp_waterutilv1600/documentation/03_Consumpt_Scen_Guide_EN_US.doc]

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Pranaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the question, but I just want to know, how you can create periodic order/Reading when you have entered "final meter reading at moveout/in 03" the system will not allow to create 01 order.

Thks & Rgds

rohjin

0 Kudos

Vlado - check your Move-In / Move-Out settings in Customer Service for suppression intervals (control parameters). If your move-in / move-out dates are within x days of a periodic, they can be suppressed (interrelated with the MR priority settings in DM).

rohjin - the 'Create Order' flag could be set, or the 01 orders could have a higher priority. It depends on your configuration settings.

S.