Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog implementation

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Iu2019m facing some difficulties in SRM-MDM Catalog implementation, without XI /PI.

Iu2019m trying create a catalog in MDM. Iu2019m importing my catalog information in Import Manager and after mapping all the fields / values the import status is ok and Iu2019m able to finish the import.

However, when I go to Data Manager I can only see one of the items that Iu2019ve imported previously. Can someone explain me or give me some clue of what I might be doing wrong?

Many tanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your answers!

The problem was solved. In the tab u201CMatch Recordsu201D I was setting for my matching criteria the Category field, and because my catalog items were all from the same category somehow I was importing only one item.

I tried now setting the matching criteria for the product ID field and all the items were imported as I can see them in Data Manager.

Now there is still one thing that is not working. My price information probably is not being mapped very well. Can someone explain me the price information mapping logic?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For pricing Information follow the below mentioned steps:

1. open pricing table and Map Non Qualifier Fields.

2. open product Table and Map remaining qualifier fields. if you have more then one non qualifier fields then right click on source fields sub pane in Map field/ Values tab and select create compound Field. This compound field will be automatically mapped to your lookup qualified field in the main table.

3. Right click on the look up qualified field in destination fields sub pane in in Map field/ Values tab and specify appropriate Qualified import property.

perform record matching based on product ID and execute import. this will bring your prices in the repository main table.

Revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv

-

Follow this blog:

/people/pooja.khandelwal2/blog/2006/03/29/taming-the-animal--qualified-tables

Also Please check these documents for reference

[Use Of table Joins and Lookups in Qualified Data Import|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1012f58f-a6e6-2a10-7caf-a46b7ad0f299?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[Import Qualified Table and Main table in one step|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e319a6e?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[Challenges in Main table Data Import in MDM part 1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60e108fc-7b0c-2c10-45b8-d847ad9af36c?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[How to set Qualified Update in MDM|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0991519-dcee-2b10-9180-b72c85b4debc?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Edited by: Shiv Prashant Dixit on Mar 4, 2010 3:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, My price information probably is not being mapped very well. Can someone explain me the price information mapping logic?

There are few things which need to be considered while importing Pricing Information in SRM MDM Catalog.

1. If you are using Standard Pricing Information Qualified table, as what i am able to recall now it has three Non qualifier(Display Fields). so, you need to check in your source file are you getting all the three Non Qualifiers fields or not.

2. You need at-least One Non Qualifier Field in your source structure while mapping to Target structure under Map Field/values Tab. If it is not there, you need to ADD new field from Source Hierarchy by right click on any source field then Add Field give it some name and map this field with any of the three target non Qualifier field and rest of Qualifier field with Target Qualifier Fields.

3. If you have all three fields present in your source structure then map it with corresponding Target Non Qualifier fields

and then after mapping select all the three non qualifier source fields-->right click create compound field which result in automatically mapped to your look-up qualified field of main table and map/add their values and also Qualifier with target Q fields.

Note: If Price information Qualified Table has all Non Qualifier fields are Display fields then you can directly import data using Main table in Single Step, as such no compulsion to map first your source Non Qualifier fields with Target Pricing Information Qualified Table and then with Main table.

For more details refer this below document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e319...

Kindly let me know if you still face any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answers, guys!

I've already mapped price information correctly and I'm now able to see it in Data Manager!

Best regards,

Andreia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, when I go to Data Manager I can only see one of the items that Iu2019ve imported previously.

It seems like that you have set Default Import Action in Match Records tab as Update (NULL Fields Only)

So, suppose you have Description field which has value XYZ.

Now, you want to import this field with new value say ABC but because of your Update (NULL Fields Only) Default Import Action, this value is not getting Updated. and you see XYZ Previously imported value as Description everytime.

So, Change your Default Import Action as per your Requirement. Try using Default Import Action as Update (ALL Mapped Fields)

Kindly let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Indraveer said, can you also check Source File preview in Import Manager. Please check it in Import Manager and let us know the result. Also let us know on what fields you have set matching criteria and what is your import action. this will help to figure out problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure there is not search/selection criteria set up in the Data Manager. Check the Data Manager interface and set all criterias to null. If the record is getting imported this can be one reason for it being not visible.